Read Our Portable Dishwashers Reviews to Make Sure You Make the Right Purchase
A portable dishwasher eliminates the pain of having to wash dishes by hand. If you live in a small apartment, love to go camping in your RV or work in an office, you know how time consuming it can be to hand-wash dishes – and there’s no way to install a full-size dishwasher in such a small space (or a space you don’t own).
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
Our favorite for 2020
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
A very close runner-up
Danby DDW611WLED Countertop Dishwasher – White
A great unit from Danby
Portable dishwashers hook right up to the kitchen faucet – no plumbing connections required.
But just like when buying any other appliance, finding the right model isn’t always an easy task. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Countertop Space: You want a portable dishwasher because you don’t have space for a full-size model. But that doesn’t mean you need to choose a model that takes up all of the precious countertop space you have. Look for a model that’s reasonable in size.
- Features: Do you want a feature-rich or simple model? More features will add to the price, but may be worth it if it’s useful or convenient. A delayed start, for example, may be a great option for busy families.
- Durability: Naturally, you want to choose a portable dishwasher that will get the job done right – and without breaking down after just a few uses. Poor quality models tend to have issues with leaking or simply don’t clean dishes as well as they should. The best way to avoid buying a dud is to check user reviews of the model and do a little research on the company to make sure you’re not buying a used portable dishwasher.
The good news is that you don’t have to go searching for a portable dishwasher or comparing models yourself. We’ve selected some of the highest-rated models on the market to help you find the right one for your needs.
Our Reviews for the Top Rated Countertop Dishwashers
SPT SD-2201W – SPT is a leading brand in the portable dishwasher industry, and the SD-2201W is one of the best in their lineup. Not only is this dishwasher affordable, but it cleans just as well as a full-size model – and it’s small enough to fit right on your countertop (17.24” tall).
With the ability to wash up to six place settings at one time, this dishwasher is great for small families or single people who entertain regularly.
The stainless steel interior is easy to keep clean while giving the dishwasher a modern look. Six wash cycles are built-in, so you can choose the right one for your needs, and the water heats up to 148-degrees Fahrenheit.
There’s no need to connect this dishwasher to your home’s plumbing. It simply connects to your sink’s faucet using a special adapter.
SPT SD-2201S – The SD-2201S from SPT is very similar to our first pick. It has plenty of interior space – enough to hold up to six place settings – and its controls are user-friendly.
Like the previous model, six wash cycles are included: normal, heavy, light, speed, glass and soak. There’s also a dispenser for dishwasher detergent and a rinse aid.
The unit connects to your faucet, so installation is a breeze. And its compact size makes it easy to fit in just about any modern kitchen.
The main difference between this model and the previous is the price. The SD-2201S is a bit more affordable, so if you’re on a tighter budget, this model may be the right choice for you.
Danby DDW611WLED – The DDW611WLED is one of the most affordable models out there, but don’t let its low price fool you – this dishwasher will leave your dishes sparkling clean.
And as an added bonus, you’ll save on energy and water costs. A normal wash cycle uses just 3.17 gallons of water, and with an Energy Star rating, you’ll use less electricity each time you wash your dishes.
The LED controls make it easy to run this countertop model, and six wash cycles are available to suit your needs. There’s enough interior space for six place settings.
If affordability is your primary concern, this is the model for you.
SPT SD-9241SS – The SPT SD-9241SS looks and acts like a full-size dishwasher. The difference? It has wheels for easy portability, and there’s no need to connect to your home’s plumbing system.
Six wash programs are included: heavy, all-in-1, rinse, light and speed. The upper rack is adjustable, so you can make room for larger plates. A time delay feature allows you to delay your wash up to 24 hours.
The SD-9241SS can wash up to eight place settings at one time, and installation is a breeze. Just connect to your kitchen faucet, and you’re ready to start washing.
If you have a bigger budget and need a larger dishwasher, we highly recommend this model.
Midea Countertop Dishwasher – The Midea model is a countertop dishwasher that’s affordably priced and easy to operate. Don’t pay attention to the dimensions listed on the product description – they’re wrong. This model stands a little more than 17” tall – not 25”.
There’s enough interior space to wash six place settings, and six washing programs are included. An LED display on the door makes it easy to control and monitor each washing.
Like the previous model, this dishwasher offers a delayed start function up to 24 hours, so you can “set it and forget it.”
If you’re looking for a countertop model that also offers a delayed start feature, the Midea is a wise choice.
Buyer’s Guide – Let Us Help You Choose From the Best Portable Dishwashers on the Market
Portable dishwashers are a convenient solution if you don’t have space for or are unable to buy a full-size model. But how do you choose the right one? We’ve supplied you with reviews for some of the best models on the market. Now, it’s time to narrow down your choices. Here are some tips to help you find a compact dishwasher that’s right for your home.
- Capacity: How much can the dishwasher hold? Six place settings is the standard, but some are larger or smaller. If you have a medium-sized or large family, an eight place-setting capacity may be the better option. Just keep in mind that these dishwashers are typically not countertop models, but may have wheels for easy portability.
- Washing Cycles: Some portable dishwashers have multiple wash cycles, while others have just one or two. Six is typically the standard, and will cover most of your needs (i.e. heavy, normal, light, etc.). In our experience, there’s no need for more than six wash cycles.
- Price: Affordability is always a concern – especially when buying appliances. Most countertop models are reasonably priced , but if you need a higher capacity model, be prepared to spend a bit more. Always opt for better quality rather than simply picking the cheapest model you can find.
- Easy Installation: Portable dishwashers should be easy to transport and just as easy to hook up. Most models simply connect to your kitchen faucet for easy use. Be sure to choose a model that doesn’t require permanent installation or connections to the building’s plumbing.