Let Our Guide Help You Find the Ideal Vacuum Based Wedding Gift
One of the must-haves for a wedding registry is a vacuum. When newlyweds begin their life together, they will need to clean their home. Vacuums are one of the must-have essentials for house cleaning.
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional
Our favorite for 2017
Dirt Devil Stik Lightweight Bagless Stick Vacuum
A very close runner-up
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L Dust Buster Hand Vac
A great cordless handheld vacuum
And the wrong vacuum will leave pet hair behind and will not allow for the carpet or flooring to be cleaned during the first pass.
If the happy couple plans on having kids, the right vacuum will be able to quickly pick up messes and help mom or dad save time cleaning.
It’s not until someone has a good vacuum that they really begin to appreciate the difference between a low-end and high-end model.
We’re going to review five models we know and trust, but we want you to know how to compare these models for yourself:
- Design: If you have allergies, a vacuum with a HEPA filter will work well. This is a good design for dusty homes or areas where you’re a little closer to nature.
- Portability: What type of home will the couple reside in? if the home has multiple levels, a smaller vacuum or a handheld option may be a good choice for carpets.
- Extras: The included extras make cleaning a lot easier. A crevice tool or a handheld option can make cleaning up spills, pet hair and even stairs a lot easier than trying to maneuver a large vacuum in these tight and high areas.
We’ll also be discussing a few other features you’ll want to consider after our reviews.
Our Top Picks for the Best Vacuum for Newlyweds
Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional – The Shark Navigator is sleek, powerful and affordable. Providing “never loses suction technology,” this model allows you to dust away with microfiber pads as well as vacuum bare floors with ease.
Swivel technology allows you to get into tight corners, while the portable canister can be lifted up to allow you to clean higher areas.
Versatile, this vacuum can be used on hardwood, carpet, tile and any other flooring type you can think of. And the microfiber dust pad allows for suction to pull dust to the pad and stick to it until you’re done cleaning – no more dust flying everywhere as you vacuum.
If you have multiple floor types, the Shark Navigator is for you.
BLACK + DECKER CHV1410L 16-volt Lithium Cordless – One of the best pet hair vacuums. This cordless model from Black + Decker allows you to clean hard-to-reach areas in minutes. Handheld, you’ll be able to clean couches, countertop spills and stairs without having to drag a heavy vacuum behind you the entire time.
Able to hold a charge for 18 months, this Black + Decker model uses cyclonic technology and filtration to use 50% less energy, and keep dust and particles from reentering the air.
Perfect for smaller homes, this unit can pick up spills (cereal, dog food, etc.) while also being able to be used on stairs, hard floors and even countertops. With a lighter weight, this vacuum is ideal for multi-level homes where messes can happen at any time.
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Plus – A Hoover that’s at a budget to mid-range price point? Need I say more? This powerful vacuum is also bagless so that you never have to worry about paying for expensive vacuum bags again.
WindTunnel technology offers consistent suction during your entire cleaning, while the height of the unit can be adjusted to five different positions. A HEPA filters keeps allergies to a minimum, while the crevice tool, dusting brush and powered hand tool can be used to clean everything from upholstery and stairs to cobwebs.
The nozzle is 13.5” wide, ensuring a thorough, quick cleaning, and the 27-foot cord allows you to quickly clean a home without changing power outlets often.
Dirt Devil SD20000RED Simpli-Stik – Bagless and powerful, the Simpli-Stik is a 3-in-1 vacuum that can be used as a crevice tool, hand vacuum or detail vacuum. Small in size, you can detach the hand vacuum to clean stairs or hardwood floors quickly and easily with the 16-foot power cord.
The ideal vacuum for quick floor cleanings, the Simpli-Stik weighs just 4 pounds and is able to reach areas other vacuums can’t: baseboards, under furniture and even between couch cushions.
Perfect for rugs and hard floors, this is the ideal vacuum for smaller spaces or mothers-to-be that can’t drag a heavy vacuum behind them or upstairs anymore.
BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass – BISSELL’s 9595A comes with OnePass technology – it picks up dirt and debris in one pass each and every time. Affordable and powerful, this upright vacuum offers a brush design rotation that pulls up hair and dirt from carpets far more efficiently than traditional vacuums.
A TurboBrush is offered, too, which allows you to clean stairs, upholstery and furniture quickly and easy.
Multi-level filtration is offered to keep dust from reentering the air, and the dirt tank is simple and easy to clean. With lasting suction and a long cord, you’ll be able to clean your home faster and more efficiently thanks to the unique design of BISSELL.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Vacuum for That Special Couple
Choosing the right vacuum for that special couple is a little difficult. How do you know which vacuum will be best? How do you make sure that you buy a vacuum the couple really wants without dropping too many hints along the way?
One tip is to look at the couple’s wedding registry and choose the vacuum that they asked for personally.
But if the couple doesn’t have a registry or doesn’t list the vacuum they would like, you’ll need to be a little more thoughtful. A few key factors to consider are:
- Price: The price of the vacuum doesn’t make it the automatic best choice. You can find great vacuums in all price ranges, so make your own budget and stick to it.
- Type: The type of vacuum you choose should be based off of the home the newlyweds will be living in. If there is carpet, a vacuum specially designed for carpet is ideal. But if there are multiple floor types, you want a vacuum that can do it all.
- Cordless vs. Corded: Corded models are great for tougher surfaces, such as carpeting, but cordless models are ideal for stairs and upholstery where cords can make it difficult to clean. Handheld models are good, too, especially if the couple has stairs and pets that seemingly get hair everywhere.
- Size: Heavy vacuums may be powerful, but they’re difficult to bring up and down stairs. Keep the size of the vacuum in mind when making your purchase. A stick vacuum may be better than an upright for a loft, but they lack the power of a traditional upright.
When in doubt, ask someone close to the bride or groom for their opinion on which vacuum the couple may want.