Juicing Leafy Greens? Check Out Juicer Reviews
Kale is a nutritional powerhouse. This green leafy superfood is rich in fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, calcium, copper, iron, folate, zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, omega-6 fatty acids, magnesium and so much more.
Hamilton Beach Juice Extractor
Our favorite for 2017
The Original Healthy Juicer
A very close runner-up
VonShef Professional Slow Fruit Vegetable Masticating Juicer Machine
Suitable for a wide variety of ingredients
But juicing this delicate food can be a major issue. With conventional centrifugal juicers, you wind up with less juice and more wet pulp than anything else.
So, how do you find a great kale juicer? We’re going to help you find the right machine for your needs. Keep the following points in mind when comparing them:
- Motor Speed: The speed of the juicer’s motor is important when searching for a kale The slower the speed, the more juice you’ll extract. Greens need to be pressed and squeezed gently to extract their juices. Quicker motors will tear greens rather than juicer them, leaving you with wet, chopped greens rather than juice. Today, you’ll find centrifugal juicers that offer slow speed, so you can juice delicate greens without having to spend a fortune on a masticating juicer.
- Whole Foods: Many modern juicers have larger chutes, which allow whole foods to be juiced without having to chop them into pieces. If you’re looking for more efficiency and less prep time, opt for a juicer with a larger chute that will fit whole foods.
- Size: Some juicers are large and heavy, which means they take up more space on your counters or in your cabinets. Be realistic about the amount of space you have, and choose a model that will easily fit in your kitchen.
Reviews – The Top Juicers for Kale for 2017
Hamilton Beach 2-Speed Juice Extractor – Hamilton Beach’s 2-speed juice extractor gives you more control over the juicing process. With the flip of a switch, you can choose high speed for tougher foods or slow speed for leafy greens.
This centrifugal-style juicer features a 40-ounce pitcher that’s BPA-free and comes with a froth separator.
A large chute allows you to juice whole foods, which reduces prep time. And the 800-watt motor allows you to juice even the toughest of produce.
The large pulp bin allows you to juice for longer and use the dry pulp to add nutrients to your recipes.
Easy to clean, this Hamilton Beach juicer is a great option for anyone who is on the go and needs an efficient, quick juicer.
Breville BJS600XL – If you prefer masticating juicers, the Breville BJS600XL is a great option. Rather than grinding and slicing, this juicer presses and squeezes produce to extract as much juice as possible. The 240-watt motor allows for slow speeds, but is still quiet during use.
Unlike other juicers, this model gives you direction control to ensure fruits and vegetables are easily removed from the juicing screw.
The filter basket features an auto purifying feature for maximum yield and easy cleaning after use. This feature alone puts this model in the running for the best juicer for spinach and other delicate greens.
With a more compact size, this model is a great option for anyone with a smaller kitchen.
VonShef Professional Slow Juicer – VonShef offers an economical slow juicer with a 200-watt motor for high efficiency and maximum juicer extraction.
With slow speed extraction, this juicer presses and squeezes produce rather than grinding. In addition to kale, you can also juice parsley, wheatgrass, and other soft foods. You can also use it to make nut milks and juice wheatgrass.
Quiet and compact, this slow juicer is a great option for smaller families or couples. Most parts are dishwasher safe, and this model is exceptionally easy to clean. It also comes with a cleaning brush to help you remove residue and fibers left behind in between juicing sessions.
Nutri Ninja Auto-iQ – The Ninja Auto-iQ from Nutri is compact in size, but doesn’t skimp on performance. If you’re looking for a machine that’s versatile, this is the right choice for you. But be forewarned, this isn’t a conventional juicer – it’s a blender.
The Auto-iQ features Smooth Boost Technology, which gives you more control over the drink-making process.
Pro Extractor blades break down foods, so your drinks retain all the vital nutrients and enzymes that help improve health. And the High Performance Blending technology works with the blades to make quick work of frozen ingredients.
Aside from nutritious smoothies, you can also make ice cream, shakes and a host of other drinks with this machine.
LEXEN GP27 – Known as the original “healthy juicer,” the Lexen GP27 is manual juicer that can juice even the most delicate foods with ease. And because this is a manual machine, there is no need to worry about heat destroying any of the food’s nutrients.
From kale to wheatgrass, carrots, collard greens, parsley, chard, spinach and everything in between, this juicer can handle any juicing task with ease. Tougher produce will need to be chopped into smaller pieces, but you’ll extract more juice as a result of the slow juicing process.
The GP27 is also surprisingly easy to clean, which makes juicing less of a chore.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Kale Juicer for You
To juice kale efficiently, you need a machine that can juice at slow speeds. We shared some of the top models on the market, but you may still be on the fence about which one to choose. There are several things you should keep in mind when making your decision:
- Juicer Type: There are two main types of juicers: masticating and centrifugal. Masticating models are generally better for juicing kale, but some centrifugal models also offer slower speeds that make it easier to juice delicate foods. Centrifugal juicers are cheaper, but they may not be quite as efficient. If you’re serious and adamant about getting the most juice and preserving as many nutrients as possible, masticating is usually the best choice.
- Cleaning: Is the juicer easy to clean? You’re far more likely to use your juicer if it doesn’t take 15-20 minutes to clean up after each use. Models with dishwasher safe parts are preferred, and opt for models that are easily disassembled for easy cleaning.
- Easy Use: Is the juicer easy to use? The easier it is to use, the more pleasurable juicing will be – and the more likely you’ll be to use it.
- Price: The cost of the juicer will be a major factor in your decision. There are plenty of affordable juicers that offer quality, so the key will be finding a model that has all the features you want or need. There are budget masticating juicers as well as centrifugal models. Find the juicer that meets your needs and fits into your budget.