Let Us Help You Find the Best Vegetable Blender
While you can’t juice produce in the traditional sense with a blender, you can enjoy all of the raw nutrients you get with juice – and all of the extra vitamins, minerals and fibers found in the skin.
Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System
Our favorite for 2017
BELLA 13984 Rocket Extract Pro Personal Blender
A very close runner-up
Ninja Kitchen System Pulse
A blender representing power and convenience
There are a few different types of juicers, but blenders aren’t usually on that list. With that said, there’s a growing group of health enthusiasts that believe blended drinks are actually healthier than juice.
If you’re looking for a juicer blender, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind when you compare models:
- Power: One of the first things you want to consider is the motor’s power. The more powerful the motor is, the smoother your drinks will be. High-powered motors can easily slice and blend tougher produce, so you can enjoy nutrient-rich drinks that are easy to digest. With lower-powered motors, you may wind up with chunks of produce in your drink, or you’ll have to blend for longer, which can destroy nutrients from heat build-up.
- Capacity: How many people will be using the blender? Will you be making drinks for the whole family, or is it just one or two people that drink smoothies? Both single-serving tumblers and family-size tumblers are available, so you can choose one that meets your lifestyle needs.
- On the Go: Consider whether the blender comes with cups you can take on the go. Most modern models come with multiple jugs and lids, so you can simply blend, cover and head out the door. If you’re always on the go, these jugs and lids can be incredibly convenient.
To help you find the right model for your needs, we’re going to share five of the best blenders on the market for juicing vegetables.
The Top Blender Juicer Reviews for 2017
Magic Bullet NutriBullet – The Magic Bullet really does work like magic, pulverizing and blending fruits and vegetables in seconds. Arguably one of the most famous mini blenders on the market (thanks to its famous late-night infomercials), the Magic Blender keeps nutrients intact and is powerful enough to break through seeds and skin.
The 600-watt motor is what gives this blender its power. NutriBullet uses its patented design for this unit, which uses cyclonic action.
With this blender, you receive two short cups, one tall cup, two re-sealable lids and one emulsifying blade. NutriBullet also includes a manual with a variety of recipes to try.
If you’re looking a powerful blender to juice your produce and you want something that makes single servings, the Magic Bullet is a great choice.
Ninja Kitchen System Pulse – The Kitchen System Pulse from Ninja is almost as powerful as the Magic Bullet, but its unique design makes quick work of ice and produce to create delicious, smooth drinks.
Like its name suggests, this is a “kitchen system” that can do more than just blend fresh produce. Frozen blending lets you create creamy smoothies with ease, but you can also use this blender for food processing.
From fresh salsa to cookie dough and pizza dough, this single blender can take on a variety of tasks.
The Kitchen System Pulse boasts a powerful 550-watt motor and the convenience of single-serving cups for blending on the go.
BELLA 13984 Rocket Extract Pro – The Bella Rocket Extract Pro is consider a personal blender, and it makes just enough juice for one person. Affordable and versatile, this model is ideal for anyone on a tight budget who is constantly on the go.
The 700-watt motor is more powerful than the other two picks on our list, which means it can pulverize all types of produce and even ice.
The blending and grinding blades are both made with stainless steel for added durability and easy cleaning. And all removable parts are dishwasher safe, which makes cleanup a snap.
The Rocket Extract Pro comes with two blades, which allow you to make anything from purees to juices, smoothies and even grind coffee or cheese. You’ll also get a travel lid and five tumblers (3 x 24oz. and 2 x 12oz.).
Brieftons Manual Food Chopper – The Brieftons manual food chopper isn’t actually a blender at all – it’s a chopper. But you can use it to blend ingredients together (if you’re patient) and create things like salsa or pesto in a snap.
The great thing about this chopper (aside from its price) is its compact size. If you travel in an RV or have a compact kitchen, this unit is perfect because it won’t take up too much space.
This chopper can make an excellent companion to your juicer or blender. You can use it to create toppings for your shakes or even blended desserts and drinks. From chopped nuts to fruit and herbs, this chopper is a great tool to have in your kitchen.
Ninja Professional Blender – The Ninja Professional Blender is affordable and comes equipped with the most powerful motor on our list – 1100 watts.
Like the other Ninja blender, this model uses Total Crushing Technology to crush ice and produce in just seconds.
All of the other blenders on our list were compact, single-serving models, but this one comes with a large 72-ounce jug that’s large enough to make drinks for the entire family.
The Professional Blender comes with two To Go lids and two cups, so you can take your nutrient-rich drinks with you on the go.
All parts are BPA-free and dishwasher-safe, so cleanup is a breeze.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Juicer for Vegetables
- Blender Vs Juicer: First, it’s important to remember that there’s a difference between a blender and a juicer. Blenders cannot make juice (in the conventional sense) unless it comes with special attachments. Decide whether you want a blender (for smoothies) or a true juicer.
- Speeds: Some blenders, like our last pick, offer multiple blending speeds and even a pulse option. Others, like the compact blenders we reviewed, blend at one speed. If you want more control over the consistency of your blend, consider a model with speed adjustments.
- Versatility: Can you use the blender for other things, such as grinding or chopping? Some models come with grinding blades that even let you grind coffee beans or cheese. A versatile blender can be convenient and save space by allowing you to use one appliance for multiple tasks.
- Easy Cleanup: Look for models that are easy to clean to save you time and frustration. Ideally, you’ll choose a unit that’s dishwasher safe, so you can toss it in with your normal load of dishes each day. All of the models we’ve selected above are easy to clean, so you won’t waste time scrubbing your blender jug and blades.
- Price: The cost of the blender is important, too. Some high-end blenders can cost several hundred dollars, which may be out of your price range. Set and stick to a budget, so you can choose the highest quality blender you can afford.