How to Find the Best Masticating Juicer After 2015
When you start researching juicers, you’ll come across a startling revelation: there are a lot of different juicer types. One of the most common “types” is the masticating juicer. But this is also a slow juicer that is considered a cold press juicer.
But cold press is a good thing.
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer
Our favorite for 2017
Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Masticating Juicer
A very close runner-up
Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Masticating Juicer
Easy to assemble, operate, and clean
Juicers that are cold press will squeeze the juice out of produce slowly so that not too much heat is produced in the process. Since there is less heat production, nutrient quality is kept high, and you’ll be able to benefit more from your juicing.
It’s all about juice quality, and the masticating juicer is the best option for the most nutrient-rich juice.
But start to compare models, it can get very confusing. In most cases, all of the juicers you’ll find will make juice (of course), and have rather similar features and specs. So, how do you choose one model over another?
- RPMs: The majority of masticating models will run at 80 RPMs. Anything higher than this number will produce excess heat, leading to nutrient quality loss.
- Pulp Ejection or Filtering: Pulp filtering and auto ejection allow for pulp-free juicing. If you want to avoid pulp in your juice, it’s recommended that a screen or auto-ejection method is employed.
- Warranty: Motors can and do burn out, depending on usage. A sufficient warranty is a necessity at this price range. The motor in particular should have a 10-year warranty to help protect your investment. Always take a close look at warranty details before making a purchase.
Reviews of the Best Masticating Juicer
Omega J8006 Nutrition Center Juicer Review – The Omega J8006 produces just 80 RPMs to keep heat from building up. It doesn’t foam or clog either. Producing a high yield, this model is a best-seller and you’d be hard pressed (pun intended!) to find a better overall juicer.
Dual-stage systems allow for quick and efficient juicing without the noise.
Pulp is automatically ejected so that you can juice for the entire family without interruption. A juicer screen is already installed for pure, delicious juice, and a 15-year warranty is offered, too. Pasta nozzles allow you to make pasta with this unit, or you can stick to fruits, vegetables and nuts.
Even coffee can be ground in this model.
This is the best all-around masticating juicer on the market today.
Omega J8004 Nutrition Center Commercial Review – The J8004 is also an Omega model, but this model is meant for commercial usage. Affordable in budget to mid-range bracket, this model also features 80 RPMs (very low), which helps eliminate heat, clogging and foaming.
Easy to assemble, this model has a near silent operation and is a single-gear unit.
When you compare this model to the J8006, you’ll find that there is little-to-no difference between the two. The main difference is the color of the unit, and sometimes the color really matters. There is no denying that the J8006 looks nicer.
One thing to keep in mind is that this unit is commercial and can be used for up to 30 minutes of continuous usage.
Omega J8005 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Review – Omega’s J8005 is a robust juicer, which comes backed with a 10-year warranty (5 years shorter than the previous models), and can do everything from grind, juice, homogenize and make pasta.
And If you want a versatile appliance, this really stands out from the crowd.
Auto pulp ejection allows for continual juicing, and the unit is on the lower-end of the cold press juicer lineup. Reverse mode allows you to avoid jams, too.
What’s really nice about this model is that it was released before 2005, and it’s still running strong for most users. This juicer is meant to last, and it offers the utmost in nutrient quality for a truly healthy glass of juice.
Breville BJS600XL Fountain Review – Breville is an exceptional company, and the BJS600XL is priced perfectly if you’re looking for a mid-range machine. This juicer offers a lot of power, with a 240-watt motor, and can extract juice from fruits and vegetables with direction control so that any clogs can be eliminated with quick precision.
A filter baster and auto purifying technology allows for maximum yield production.
Unlike the competition, only a 1-year warranty is offered. The feed chute is large so that apples and carrots can be placed in the juicer, and for easy cleaning, all you have to do is pour 1 – 2 cups of water through the juicer.
This model can crush ice, and it runs at 80 RPMs.
Omega J8003 Nutrition Center Single-Gear Review – The J8003 is the situated morw towards the budget end of the juicer scale. This is a very affordable price for any cold press juicer. Offering commercial quality, this model operates at 80 RPMs and had a 1/3 HP motor.
Dual-stage juicing reduces heat build-up, and prevents foaming and clogging from occurring.
Reverse mode is offered to further work through tough produce, and the auto-pulp ejection system allows for continual juicing without long breaks in the middle. The J8003 is the right choice for anyone that juices often and needs to be able to work through several pounds of produce without stopping.
Buyer’s Guide – Let Us Sift Through All the Masticating Juicer Reviews and Find the Right One for You
Which juicer is the right one for you? This is a question only you can answer. Every model is slightly different. But the truth is that the features offered don’t change all that much, so it’s rather difficult to pick one model over another.
All of the models we’ve chosen have been highly rated and have passed the test of time for longevity and quality.
The truth is that they’re all really good juicers.
If you’re trying to narrow down your selection, a few things to keep in mind are:
- Price: There are some extremely high end juicers, so make a budget and stick to it. You can expect to pay a mid-range amount for most masticating juicers, so keep this in mind when making your selection.
- Juicer Reviews: People always review appliances and juicers – they want to share their opinions on every model. Take the time to read through these reviews, and find a model that is long-lasting and worth the money. Omega is listed so many times because we’ve used some models for up to 10 years without any issues occurring.
- Extra Functions: Juicing is an obvious function of a juicer, but some models can crush coffee beans, make pasta and provide extended function of your juicer. If you’re after an all-in-one model, Omega offers a lot of this functionality.
Quality is an important factor when choosing a juicer. Companies that are worth their price will offer some form of a warranty, with many offering warranties on juicer models of up to 10+ years in some cases.