What’s The Best Corded Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair You Can Buy After 2015
Pet hair has a way of getting everywhere. Your clothes will be covered in hair, your couch and of course, your floor. And it’s really difficult to get pet hair out of carpets when it seems to embed itself so deeply that a standard vacuum simply won’t do the trick.
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex Vacuum with Stick Vacuum Floor Head and Pet Hair Brush
Our favorite for 2017
BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum
A very close runner-up
Dirt Devil 360 Degree Reach Pro Pet Bagless Stick Vacuum
Comes with 4 different nifty heads
Cordless vacuums are a good choice as they allow you to maneuver in tight spaces and pick up hair in those hard-to-reach places.
We’re going to be reviewing the best vacuums for pet hair, but we want to explain first how you can compare the models presented to find the best vacuum for your needs.
- Cord Type: Cordless is the best option for cleaning pet hair that may be on a bed or on a couch. Corded models do provide superior suction power, but these models are less mobile.
- Suction Ability: Some models are only able to clean on hard floors, while others are sufficient at spot cleaning carpets and other surfaces. Choose a model that best suits your needs.
- Swivel: Most, if not all, of the models listed feature a swivel. The larger the swivel radius, the easier it will be to reach into corners and other difficult-to-reach places.
- Extension: When you need to bend down to reach under tables – it’s not fun. Extensions allow you to reach further and even up in the corner of a ceiling to dust away cobwebs.
If the vacuum you choose is corded, pay attention to the length of the cord to ensure that it will allow you to vacuum without having to re-plug into power outlets often.
Reviews of the Best Stick Vacuums for Pet Hair
BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Corded Vacuum – The PowerEdge provides a V-shape, which will push large debris right to the center of the vacuum to ensure its suction power can pull the debris in – even fine debris is captured. This vacuum allows you to reach in tight spaces without the need for a mop or broom.
Perfect for in-between furniture, this vacuum offers a 20’ power cord and is specially designed for hard floors.
The head also swivels, allowing for precise cornering and getting between the legs of chairs or table. A budget model this powerful vacuum by Bissell is able to pick up more pet hair faster and more efficiently.
Dirt Devil 360 Degree Reach Pro Pet Bagless – Designed for pet hair and featuring a long reach, this 4-in-1 stick vacuum can be used on floors, couches and even ceilings to get rid of pesky spider webs. An extension gives 33.5” more reach to get under longer pieces of furniture without moving pieces around.
As a bagless model, you never have to worry about the bag needing to be changed mid-clean.
Wipes are offered, with a washable microfiber pad and numerous accessories to make cleaning a breeze. And the cyclonic filtration system is able to provide superb suction while cutting through the toughest messes with ease.
Meant to reach corners and small nooks, this vacuum is a must-have if you’re serious about pet hair removal.
BISSELL BOLT XRT PET 2-in-1 – Skinny and lightweight, the Bolt offers a cordless design and a 2-way folding handle. The vacuum handle is able to be detached so that you can reach difficult areas, such as couches, pet beds and corners where pet hair has a tendency to clump up.
Swivel steering allows for 180-degree cleaning precision.
And the battery holds its charge for 20 minutes, allowing you to clean the entire house on one charge. Those tough spots (you know, under the table or under furniture legs) are easily tackled thanks to the foldable handle that allows the vacuum to go under spaces without you needing to bend over in the process.
With handheld and traditional vacuum styles, this is a smart choice for anyone who lets their animals on their couch or has stairs that need to be cleaned.
BISSELL Lift-Off Floors & More Pet – The Lift-Off Floors provides 2 machines in 1, and you’ll be able to remove pet hair from stairs and upholstery, and dry-spill clean-ups are made simple. A brush roll on/off allows you to clean all floor types. A folding handle lets you clean tight places – no bending necessary – while acting as a compact storage solution.
Cordless, this vacuum has a lint slip to lure in hair, while the swivel allows you to reach corners with ease. And with the on/off feature, you can clean carpets and floors with ease.
If you need to get in the corner of the couch or bed, simply detach the top of the unit and use it as a handheld vacuum.
BLACK+DECKER BDH2020FLFH MAX Lithium Flex – Black & Decker offers a lithium-powered design, which allows for cordless vacuuming without losing suction power in the process. A pet hair brush and stick vacuum extension allows you to quickly clean up pet hair.
High performance, this model is ideal for quick cleaning hard floors and touch ups on carpets.
With a 3-stage filtration system, dust and debris never leaves the unit, so you to have to clean the room again. The best part is that this model is small and compact, allowing it to be used to clean a counter or inside of your automobile.
Extensions, brushes and pet hair attachments make this the best, compact unit for pet hair. And all it takes is four hours to recharge the unit when needed.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Stick Vacuum If You Have Pets
If you have pets, you know just how difficult it can be to clean up all of the hair that they shed. When the winter months come along, the thickness of your pet’s coat will increase, leaving you with even more hair to clean up. And the hair seems to get everywhere.
But a stick vacuum will allow you to manage this hair once and for all.
Choosing a stick vacuum requires you to examine the following:
- Price: Lower-priced models often come with fewer features, but they’re able to do one job well: carpet spot cleaning, and cleaning of hard flooring or upholstery. If you want several options in one, expect to spend at at least a mid-priced level.
- Handle: Bissell really revolutionized the industry with their folding handles, and this allows you to reach lower areas without having to bend (perfect for older users). If the handle isn’t able to fold, an extension will provide the same great benefit.
- Removable: Many models have a removable top to act as a hand vacuum. If your pet is allowed on counters, couches, desks, etc., you’ll appreciate a vacuum that offers handheld and traditional vacuuming.
- Flexibility: The swivel design as well as V-shaped head allows you to reach difficult areas with ease. There are many different designs offered that allow you to effectively vacuum these areas, so choose a design that is best suited to your needs.
Pet hair can be a pain to vacuum, but with the right stick vacuum, you’ll find that cleaning up hair is simple and easy.