Let Our Guide Help You Find the Best Cheap Portable Dishwasher on the Market
We’re all looking for ways to save money these days – especially when it comes to home appliances. If a full-size, built-in dishwasher isn’t in your budget, a countertop model may be the ideal choice for you.
Midea Countertop Dishwasher White
Our favorite for 2017
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
A great option
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
A liitle more expensive – but a great model
How do you know which one is the right choice for you? Keep the following in mind when comparing different models:
- Durability: You’re on a tighter budget, but that doesn’t mean you can’t buy a high quality dishwasher. Durability is a key important thing to keep in mind. Little features like a stainless steel interior add to the quality and overall longevity of the unit.
- Reliability: You don’t want a unit that leaks and fails after just a few uses. Reliability is important, especially when you’re buying a dishwasher that simply hooks up to your faucet (things can get messy quickly). Check user reviews of the models you’re considering to see if people have issues with leaks, damaged hoses and internal malfunctions. If the dishwasher is poor quality, you can bet that users will complain about it.
- Type: Do you want a manual dishwasher, or an automatic? If you’re looking for a dishwasher for camping and outdoor activities, a manual model may be the better option. If you plan on using the unit in your home, office or dorm room, an automatic model is more convenient.
When comparing models on the market, you may notice one big thing: countertop dishwashers aren’t cheap. In fact, many models cost more than their full-size counterparts.
The good news is that there are budget-friendly dishwashers that are just as efficient and reliable as their high-end counterparts. We’ve hand-selected some of the top models that come at affordable prices.
Our Top Budget-Friendly Countertop Dishwasher Ratings and Reviews
Midea Countertop Dishwasher – Perfectly sized to fit between your counters and cabinets, the Midea countertop dishwasher is affordable, easy to use and reliable. And with low water and energy consumption, this dishwasher won’t cost you a fortune to run.
Inside, there’s enough space to fit six place settings (perfect for families), and six wash cycles are built-in, so you can choose the appropriate cycle for your needs.
As an added bonus, Midea includes a 24-hour delay start feature, so you can easily customize your run time.
The interior is made of durable stainless steel, and dispensers are built in for automatic dishwashing liquid and rinse aids.
If you want a budget-friendly countertop dishwasher that gives you all of the features a full-size dishwasher offers, the Midea model is a smart choice.
SPT SD-2201S – The SPT SD-2201S is one of our favorite portable dishwashers, and it comes at around the same price as the previous model on our list. Sleek, compact and easy to use, this model looks great in any kitchen.
And it fits in between most countertops and cabinets.
The spray arm and interior of the SD-2201S is made of stainless steel for added durability. A silverware basket and dish rack is included for easy organization, and the unit can hold up to six place settings.
Six wash cycles are included to give you more control over how much water and energy you use: normal, heavy, speed, glass, light and soak.
SPT SD-2201W – The SPT 2201W is a bit pricier than the previous two models, but is Energy Star certified and uses just 3.8 gallons of water per cycle.
With a space-saving design, this unit will fit nicely on your countertop and blend in perfectly with your kitchen décor.
Like the other models on this list, this unit has six wash cycles and has enough space for six place settings. A stainless steel interior adds durability, while the simple control panel makes it easy to run this dishwasher.
We like the sleek silver finish and the design of the internal racks, which makes it easy to keep your dishes organized.
EasyGoDishwasher Manual Dishwasher – The EasyGoDishwasher is a manual, mini dishwasher that’s perfect for camping and tiny kitchens. If you don’t have space for a countertop (or floor) model or you’re planning a family camping trip, this manual dishwasher takes the pain out of handwashing.
With two basins, one for washing and one for rinsing/soaking, this unit makes quick work of dishwashing. The washing bin features a glass cleaning brush and built-in bristles. Just slide the dishes in between the bristles, rinse, and you’re good to go.
In total, there are 10,000 cleaning bristles. A drain is built into the bottom of the bucket for easy emptying, and suction cups allow you to keep the bucket firmly in place in your sink.
The great thing about this model is that although it’s a manual unit, it uses 80% less water than an automatic dishwasher. If you’re on a tight budget, that savings can be significant.
The best part? The EasyGoDishwasher is a very affordable item!
SPT SD-2213S – The SD-2213S from SPT is our final pick, and the most premium model.
Just like other countertop models, this unit features the typical six washing cycles (light, normal, heavy, mini-party, speed and rinse), and a six-place-setting capacity. A universal faucet adapter is included, which allows this unit to connect to most kitchen faucets.
But part of what makes this unit so special is the indicator lights. Not only do they let you know which cycle you’ve chosen, they also alert you when something isn’t right with the water supply or the rinse aid. The water supply warning can potentially save you from having to clean up from a serious leak.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Inexpensive Tabletop Dishwasher for You
A tabletop dishwasher is a great alternative to a full-size model if you’re watching your budget. Choosing the right model can be a tricky task, and is more of a personal preference. But there are a few things to be on the lookout for:
- Number of wash cycles: Six wash cycles is the standard for countertop dishwashers, but some have more or less. Six is more than sufficient for most families, and lets you choose between light, normal, heavy and other similar settings. If you’re opting for a manual model, like the EasyGo, then you can ignore this point – obviously, there are no cleaning cycles (unless you make up your own).
- Capacity: Most countertop dishwashers have a six-place-setting capacity (that’s the standard), but some larger models (typically floor models on wheels) can go up to eight place settings. The size of your household and how often you entertain will likely be the determining factors in which capacity size you need.
- Price: You’re looking for the cheapest countertop dishwasher, but you don’t want to skimp on quality. Set a budget, and buy the best quality you can possibly afford. Luckily, most tabletop dishwashers in the low- to mid-range are around the same price. If you’re on an incredibly tight budget, the manual dishwasher on our list is your best option.
- Size: Finally, you want to think about the size of the dishwasher. Most are around the same height, so they can fit nicely in between your counters and cabinets. But make sure that you double-check the dimensions and consider the width and depth as well. Some models can be quite large and take up a significant amount of countertop space.