We’ve Read All The Bissell Vacuum Cleaner Reviews For You – Here’s What You Should Look For
Bissell vacuums are known for being both affordable and effective at cleaning virtually all types of flooring. From upright to canister and compact models, you’ll find something for every budget and need from this brand.
BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass
Our favorite for 2017
BISSELL Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum
A very close runner-up
BISSELL PowerGlide Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum with Lift-Off Technology
Comes with a BIG 5-year warranty
But with so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to find the ideal model for your home. Here are a few key points to keep in mind when looking at Bissell vacuums:
- Type: Do you prefer canister or upright vacuums? Or, do you simply need a vacuum for hard surfaces? Bissell offers options for all three scenarios. Uprights are typically the better option for larger spaces, while canisters are great for small spaces and stairs. If you have hardwood flooring or smooth surfaces in your kitchens and bathrooms, a special vacuum for hard surfaces is a good investment.
- Pets: You love your pets, but they can be messy. They also bring in more dirt and allergens to your home. Bissell offers vacuums designed for homes with pets, so consider these models if you have furry family members. And these models come with special tools or have a unique design that picks up more dirt, pet hair and other debris with ease.
- User Feedback: While Bissell offers quality vacuums, some are better than others. Be sure to research reviews on the models you’re considering. Models that are highly rated are more likely to provide you with a positive experience.
While you can spend hours comparing Bissell models with these three factors in mind, we’ve done the hard work for you and rounded up the best vacuums from Bissell.
Our Reviews for the Top Bissell Vacuum Cleaners
BISSELL Zing Rewind – Zing is the perfect name for this canister vacuum. Light in weight, the Zing will make quick work of your cleaning jobs.
Using cyclonic action, this bagless model offers powerful suction and can clean multiple surface types. With the flip of a switch, you can move from carpeted to smooth surfaces.
The three-stage filtration system eliminates more dust and particles. The Zing has dirt cup filters as well as a post-motor filter. For added convenience, the filters are reusable and washable.
As a canister vacuum, this model makes it easy to clean tight spaces, stairs and upholstery.
We also like the automatic cord rewind, which eliminates the hassle of having to bend over and wind up the cord manually.
BISSELL PowerEdge Pet – The PowerEdge Pet’s unique design is part of what makes vacuum such a great choice for families with pets. The V-shape design of the vacuum head can clean right up against edges and around food bowls and litter boxes for a thorough cleaning every time.
The only catch? This model can only be used on hard flooring.
The design also pushes larger debris towards the center suction, which allows you to pick up pieces of pet food with ease. The ends of the V suck up fine and small debris.
With a swivel head, you can easily reach tight spaces with this vacuum. It’s lightweight and features a bagless container for easy cleanup.
BISSELL PowerGlide Pet – Featuring Bissell’s Lift-Off Technology, this upright vacuum easily transforms into a portable model that’s ideal for stairs and upholstery. The top canister separates from the main vacuum to make it easy to clean stairs without having to lug the entire machine around.
The PowerGlide Pet doesn’t lose suction and features multi-stage filtration to minimize allergens.
With swivel steering, this vacuum is easy to maneuver around corners and furniture. Bissell also gives you the option to turn off the brush roll when vacuuming on hard surfaces to prevent the scattering of debris and dirt on smooth flooring.
A crevice and pet tool are included, and the handle collapses for compact storage.
BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass – The 9595A is one of the most affordable upright vacuums offered by Bissell. Its advanced brush design cleans more on a single pass, making it easier to get the job done quickly. The brush rotates to reach down deep into carpeting to remove more dirt.
Like other Bissell models, the 9595A uses a cyclonic system for long-lasting suction. The included TurboBrush makes it easy to clean furniture, stairs and upholstery.
If you’re on a tight budget and want the power of an upright vacuum, the 9595A is the ideal choice. And the added accessories, including the TurboBrush, offer great value while adding the convenience of being able to easily clean stairs and furniture.
BISSELL CleanView – The Bissell Cleanview upright vacuum is even more affordable than our previous pick. This model also features Bissell’s OnePass technology, which sucks up more dirt and debris in a single pass.
The dirt tank is easy to empty from the bottom for a mess-free clean-up. The Cleanview also features a TurboBrush tool, a washable filter and a crevice tool, so you can clean those hard-to-reach areas with ease.
As an added bonus, this vacuum has a multi-stage filtration system to minimize household allergens.
While this may not be a pet model, it’s still a great option for families with pets. The TurboBrush makes it easy to remove pet hair, and the filtration system removes those allergens that your furry friends drag inside.
Buyer’s Guide – What Bissell Vacuum Cleaner Is the Right One for You
We’ve reviewed the top Bissell vacuums on the market. Now comes the hard part: which one do you choose? How do you narrow down your choices to the perfect one? While choosing a vacuum is a personal choice, there are some things that you should be on the lookout for. Here are the most important factors to consider:
- Size: Some Bissell vacuums are larger than others. Upright models are ideal for cleaning larger surfaces, while canisters are best for small homes. You’ll also find compact hard floor vacuums that are ideal for kitchens and even bathrooms. Consider the size of your home and the size of the vacuum to find the right one for you.
- Canister Design: Some Bissell models empty from the top of the canister, while others empty from the bottom. While this may not seem like an important factor, it can be. Canisters that empty from the top can make a mess when cleaning up, while those that empty from the bottom are virtually mess-free. Of course, it all comes down to personal preference, but we recommend choosing a model that empties from the bottom.
- Price: How much can you spend on your vacuum? Bissell models are some of the most affordable you can buy, but it’s still important to set a budget and stick to it. Opt for the highest quality you can afford. If you’re on a tight budget, consider whether you’d be better off with a canister vacuum, which is typically more affordable, or an upright.