Let Us Help You Find the Ideal Under Bar Refrigerator
Under-counter beverage centers make any bar or game room complete. Whether you’re watching the game or entertaining guests, a cooler will ensure that you always have an ice-cold drink on hand. From wine to beer and soda, these coolers store just about any beverage at just the right temperature.
EdgeStar 24 Inch Built-In Wine and Beverage Cooler with French Doors
Our favorite for 2017
U-Line U1224BEVS00A Built-in Beverage Center
A very close runner-up
GE PCR06BATSS Profile 24″ 5.3 Cu. Ft. 12 Bottle Capacity Stainless Steel Undercounter Beverage Center
A great unit
With so many under-bar refrigerators on the market today, it can be difficult to narrow your choices down to just one. We’re going to share some of the top-rated models, so you can find the right one for your needs. Here’s how to compare them:
- Temperature Range: All beverage coolers will have a thermostat that allows you to control the interior temperature of the fridge. Some thermostats are mechanical, while others are digital. The right one for you will depend on your personal preference. Just make sure that the temperature range is appropriate for the drinks you want to store. Some models offer dual chambers with independent thermostats, so you can, for example, store wine in one side and soda in the other at just the right temperature for each.
- Capacity: How big is the interior of the fridge? The capacity will be listed in cubic feet, but most manufacturers will also tell you how many cans and/or bottles you can store. Consider how many drinks you’ll need to store, and find a model that offers enough space. If you plan to store wine, make sure the cooler offers a wine rack or the right type of shelving for storing bottles.
Best Beverage Refrigerator Reviews for 2017
EdgeStar 24 Inch Cooler with French Doors – If you’re looking for a cooler that can hold both wine and cans, EdgeStar’s 24” model with French doors is the ideal choice. This cooler features two zones with separate temperature ranges for proper wine and beverage storage.
The left zone can hold up to 17, 750 mL bottles of wine, and features a temperature range of 36-43F. The right zone can hold up to 60, 12 oz. cans, and features a temperature range of 41-72F.
ADA-compliant, this cooler uses air-cooled technology, and has adjustable leveling legs for your convenience.
The slide-out shelving features wood trimming, and the French doors feature stainless steel trim for a sleek look.
A safety lock is built in, and the touch panel digital controls make it easy to maintain the right temperature.
U-Line U1224BEVS00A – The U-Line U1224BEVS00A beverage center features a temperature range of 34-45F and space for both cans and bottles of wine.
A touch display makes it easy to control the temperature and settings, and the digital display allows you to view the fridge’s temperature at a glance.
The interior features three shelves and two racks for 750 mL bottles.
The U1224BEVS00A cooler features a black exterior and stainless steel trimming for a modern look. This model is ideal for users who want to store both wine and cans. And its compact size makes it a great fit for built-ins, game rooms and dorms.
GE PCR06BATSS – If you’re looking for an under counter fridge, the PCR06BATSS cooler from GE is a smart choice. Featuring 5.3 cu. ft. of space, this fridge offers plenty of space to store cans and bottles.
This cooler has a 150-can capacity. If storing wine bottles, this cooler has a 126-can and a 12-bottle capacity.
The included glass shelving is spill-proof and easy to keep clean, and the Beechwood wine racks in the front make it easy to store your favorite bottles of wine.
Tinted glass and stainless steel accents give this cooler a sleek look that blends in perfectly with modern appliances. An interior light illuminates your drinks for easy selection, and the recessed handle allows for easy opening and closing of the fridge door.
Danby DBC120BLS – Offering a 3.3 cu. ft. capacity, the Danby DBC120BLS has enough space to store 120 cans. With dimensions of 19.8” x 17.9” x 33.7.” this cooler is ideal for dorm rooms, game rooms, kitchens and even the home office.
The mechanical thermostat offers a temperature range of 43F-57F, which is the ideal range for most beverages.
The interior of the fridge features three black wire shelves and a bright LED interior light for easy drink selection.
An integrated lock secures beverages from unwanted guests and children, and the recessed side-mounted handle allows for easy opening and closing of the fridge door.
The DBC120BLS is a great option if you only plan to store cans in your beverage center.
NewAir AB-1200 – The AB-1200 from NewAir is a sleek cooler with stainless steel accents and a black exterior. Ideal for built-in beverage centers, this 3.4 cu. ft. model offers enough space to store 126 standard cans.
A manual thermostat offers seven temperature settings, with 34 degrees being the lowest temperature.
The interior of the cooler includes five chrome racks that are easily removable, and a convenient storage bin offers more space for drink storage.
Operating at just 35 dB, the AB-1200 is whisper quiet, and a bright interior light makes it easy to find the drink of your choice.
This model is great for under-counter, built-in kitchen beverage centers.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Under Counter Beverage Center for You
Finding the right under-counter beverage center can be tricky, especially if you plan to use the cooler as a built-in unit. Just like any other home appliance, these coolers are susceptible to certain problems, like leaking, thermostat malfunction and faulty doors. When you spend your hard-earned money, you want to make sure that you’re getting a quality product.
We talked about important things to consider earlier. Here are a few other points to keep in mind when trying to find a high-quality, durable cooler:
- Overall Size: The capacity refers to the cooler’s interior space, but you also need to consider the overall size of the fridge. If you’ll be placing the unit under the counter or bar, you need to make sure that it will fit. Check the product description for the unit’s dimensions.
- Shelving: How many shelves are in the unit, and are they removable? Extendable and removable shelves are convenient because you can arrange the interior space however you want, and sliding the shelves out makes it easier to find the drink you want. Make sure unit has the right number of shelves, and that the shelving type is to your liking.
- Lock: Most coolers come with a lock, but not all If you have children, you may want a unit with a lock if you plan to store alcoholic beverages in the cooler.
- Cost: The cost of the cooler is another important thing to consider, but it shouldn’t be the only factor in your decision. Quality is the most important thing, especially when buying a fridge. You’ll wind up spending more on repairs or replacement if you buy a cheaply-made cooler.