Looking for The Best Meat Slicer – We Can Help!
Whether you run a deli, restaurant or cafe, a commercial food slicer is a smart investment. Offering a quick and easy way to slice foods into deli-style slices, these affordable machines are far superior to hand slicing and manual slicing machines.
Best Choice Products New 10″ Blade Commercial Deli Meat Cheese Food Slicer Premium Quality
Our favorite for 2017
Chef’s Choice 615 Premium Electric Food Slicer
A very close runner-up
KWS Premium Commercial 320w Electric Meat Slicer 10″ Stainless Steel Blade
Great for meat slicing
With many models offering similar designs and features, you may have a hard time deciding which food slicer is the right choice for your kitchen. To make your decision easier, we’re going to review some of the top models on the market. Here’s how to compare them:
- Blade Size: The size of the blade is important, and the right choice for you will be dependent on your needs and demands. The larger the blade, the larger the food you can cut. For example, a 7” blade can only cut food up to 7” tall. A 10” blade is the standard for most commercial settings, but more demanding environments may call for a 14” blade. For smaller operations and home use, a 7” blade is ideal.
- Motor Power: If you plan on slicing raw, frozen meat or cheese, you’ll want a machine that has a power motor. In a typical commercial setting, you would want nothing less than a 240-watt motor. Most of the models on our list have 240w motors, but one is a bit more powerful at 320w. This particular slicer is the ideal choice for more demanding commercial settings.
- Demand: Food slicers generally fall into three categories: entry-level, mid-tier and premium. Entry-level models are ideal for smaller operations, while mid-tier is best suited for mid-range operations where you may use the slicer for a few hours per day. Premium-level slicers are the best choice for more demanding operations and can be used for several hours each day.
The Top Commercial Meat Slicer Reviews
Best Choice Products 10” Blade Meat/Cheese Slicer – Best Choice Products’ 10” meat/cheese slicer features a powerful motor and durable design, making it ideal for demanding commercial environments.
Constructed with heavy-duty steel, this slicer has a 10” blade and 240-watt motor. The larger blade and powerful motor make this model a perfect fit for commercial settings.
With the turn of a knob, you can adjust the thickness of the slice between 0 and 17mm. Fixed steel nails allow you to fix the meat for slicing, while the device handle makes it easy to push the meat for slicing.
This slicer also has a big meat exit located behind the machine for quick slicing. Heat output holes are also carved into the bottom of the machine for heat dispersion.
A simple on/off switch allows for easy use, and the built-in rubber feet keep the slicer from sliding around on the counter or table.
Chef’s Choice 615 – For a less demanding commercial environment, the Chef’s Choice 615 is a great fit. Durable and versatile, this machine features a 7” blade that can slice a variety of foods up to 3/4″ thick.
Made from stainless steel and cast aluminum, this machine is durable and lightweight. The high-torque motor is cool-running, powerful and smooth for a reliable machine that can slice meats and cheeses with ease.
A cantilever design and tilted food carriage allow for quick and efficient slicing directly onto a plate. The food carriage, which has a large capacity, can retract fully for the slicing of larger roasts and hams.
All components are easy to clean, which makes maintenance a breeze.
Zeny Electric Meat Slicer – The Zeny electric meat slicer is another great fit for more demanding commercial settings, with a 10” blade and a 240w motor. This commercially-designed model is constructed with stainless steel and features a semi-automatic design for added convenience.
From small to large cuts of meats, vegetables and ham, this machine allows you to adjust the thickness of the slices between 0 and 17mm.
The built-in dual whetstones allow for easy and safe sharpening of the blade, while rubber feet keep the machine securely in place.
Quiet and easy to use, this slicer can handle extended use and feels right at home in any commercial deli.
Beswood 10″ Premium Chromium-plated Carbon Steel Blade – The Beswood 10” slicer features a premium carbon steel blade with chromium plating for advanced protection against corrosion. This powerful commercial slicer can slice a variety of foods with extreme precision, including meat, cheese, fruit, bread and vegetables.
The durable and rugged blade holds its edge, so there’s no need for frequent sharpening. And a numerical dial on the side of the machine allows you to adjust the thickness of the slice between 1 and 12mm.
Great for use in cafes, restaurants, commercial kitchens or even at-home use, the Beswood is a quality slicer that meets NSF, ETL and FDA standards.
KWS Premium Commercial 320w – Featuring a 10” stainless steel blade and aluminum alloy base, the KWS slicer is the most powerful model on our list. The 320w motor allows this model to slice a variety of foods, including meat, cheese, bread and vegetables. It can even serve as a frozen meat slicer.
Quiet and durable, the thickness of the slice can be adjusted between 0 and 0.4” with the turn of a dial.
Built-in whetstones keep the blade sharp at all times, while the ring guard assembly protects the blade’s edge. The skid-proof rubber feet keep the machine in place while in use.
The KWS slicer is FDA, ETL and NSF approved, which makes it ideal for commercial kitchens and delis.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Industrial Food Slicer for You
There are several things that need to be considered when buying a commercial food slicer, and we discussed some of them earlier. Some other things to look for when choosing a model include:
- Material: You’ll find that most machines have stainless steel blades, although some may also have aluminum parts. One of the models on our list has a blade with chromium plating. Stainless steel is naturally more resistant to corrosion, which makes it a great option for the typical commercial kitchen. The chromium plated model will have a little more resistance, which may make it the better option for larger commercial kitchens.
- Food Tray Size: The size of the food tray is an important consideration if you plan on slicing larger foods, like big roasts and hams. Most commercial slicers have trays that can accommodate foods between 7” and 10,” but if you plan on slicing larger foods, opt for a machine with a larger tray. The tray’s size can be found in the product description. Because trays generally cannot be swapped out for larger sizes, you’ll want to make sure you choose the appropriate size right from the start.
- Sharpening: Some slicers come with built-in whetstones for frequent sharpening, which helps maintain the blade’s edge. Most of the models on our list offer this feature, and it’s a highly convenient one when used in a commercial setting.
- Price: The price of the machine is another important consideration. Most slicers, even premium-level ones, are highly affordable, but you’ll still need to consider the cost. Set a budget, and find a quality model that you can afford.