Use Our Toilet Paper Ratings to Find the Best Brand for You
Toilet paper – we all use it, but no one likes talking about it. And you really never think about the importance of comfort and quality until you bring home a bad roll. Poor quality toilet paper is thin and rips easily (not exactly sanitary), which means you have to use more to get the job done.
Toilet Paper Quilted Northern Ultra Plush
Our favorite for 2017
Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare Family Roll Toilet Paper
A very close runner-up
Angel Soft Bath Tissue
An ideal balance of softness and strength
It’s true that some toilet paper brands are better than others. We’re going to share five of the best on the market to help you find the right one for you. First, let’s talk about how to compare each product:
- Number of Layers: The number of layers is arguably the most important thing to consider when buying toilet paper. The more layers, the softer the tissue, and typically, the more durable. One-ply paper is very thin, but you’ll go through rolls much less quickly. Two-ply is the most common type found in homes, and many agree that it’s just the right balance of efficiency and comfort.
- Roll Size: Another important thing to consider is the size of the roll. You’ll often find many companies advertising that their rolls are “double” or “triple.” What this means is that one roll is equivalent to a single “regular” roll. The definition of regular, double, triple or any other size is anyone’s guess, but generally double rolls are much larger.
- Customer Feedback: Yes, people do leave reviews on toilet paper brands. And yes, you should pay attention to them. Using the bathroom is a personal experience, but you still want to make sure that it’s a comfortable one. Reviews from other consumers will alert you to any issues or flaws in the toilet tissue that may affect your decision to buy.
The Best Toilet Paper for the Money in 2017
Quilted Northern Ultra Plush (24 Supreme Rolls) – Our first pick comes from one of the most famous brands in the toilet tissue industry: Quilted Northern. This 24-pack of supreme rolls is equivalent to 90 regular rolls.
Just as its name implies, this is 3-ply tissue, which makes it extra plush and luxurious. Each roll has a total of 319 sheets, and each sheet features the luxurious emboss texture that Quilted Northern is known for.
Ultra Plush bath tissue is septic safe and unscented, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
With more sheets and a plushier texture, you’ll change rolls less often – saving you money in the long run. This is the best bath tissue in terms of value.
Angel Soft (48 Double Rolls) – Angel Soft may not offer “supreme” sized rolls, but they do offer double rolls – 48 to be exact. And according to the company, those 48 rolls are equivalent to 96 regular rolls.
Each roll of this two-ply toilet tissue contains 264 sheets, and is completely septic-safe. It’s unscented, too, so you never have to worry about skin irritation.
Angel Soft says their toilet tissue offers the perfect balance of soft and strong, which is exactly what you’re looking for in a roll of toilet paper.
As an added (convenient) bonus, this big pack of toilet paper comes in an easy-to-open box.
Cottonelle Ultra ComfortCare (36 Rolls) – Cottonelle’s Ultra ComfortCare tissue is the brand’s thickest, softest and most absorbent option. These family-size rolls offer 20% more sheets per roll than the double rolls. In fact, this package of 36 family rolls is equivalent to 43 double rolls.
Septic- and sewer-safe, each two-ply sheet contains Cottonelle’s CleanRipple texture to help you clean up faster than with conventional tissue.
Cottenelle’s toilet tissue is soft and sturdy – many argue it’s the softest and thickets 2-ply toilet paper you can buy. If you’re picky about how “cushiony” your toilet tissue is, Cottenelle’s Ultra ComfortCare may just be the right choice for you.
Cottonelle CleanCare (36 rolls) – CleanCare is Cottenelle’s economical choice, offering a good mixture of comfort and strength. And you get more out of this package, as 36 family-size rolls is equivalent to 43 double rolls.
Like the Ultra ComfortCare, CleanCare is safe for use with both septic systems and sewers.
The only drawback with this tissue is that it’s single ply. With that said, each sheet is strong and soft – not scratchy like other one-ply rolls of toilet paper.
CleanCare toilet tissue also features the brand’s famous CleanRipple texture, which removes more than your standard tissue.
Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong (24 Supreme Rolls) – Quilted Northern’s Ultra Soft & Strong comes in supreme-sized rolls that offer four times the number of sheets as a regular roll. And they offer the same level of comfort and strength Quilted Northern is known for.
With this package, you get 24 supreme rolls of 2-ply toilet tissue. Like all other Quilted Northern products, this tissue is safe for use with septic systems and is unscented.
Each roll offers 340 sheets, so you’ll change the roll less often – saving you money in the process.
Quilted Northern toilet tissue is both flexible and strong, so you can enjoy a comfortable experience without compromising on strength.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Best Toilet Paper for You
Buying toilet paper shouldn’t be complicated – but it is. The ideal roll of toilet tissue will offer strength and comfort without compromising on value.
How can you find the right fit for you?
Some things to consider when buying toilet tissue include:
- Texture: Some brands of toilet paper are scratchy, while others are plush and soft. If you could care less one way or the other, texture may not matter to you. But if you prefer softer, more luxurious toilet tissue, then you’ll want to take a closer look at the texture of each sheet.
- Effectiveness: Another thing to consider is how effective the toilet tissue is at doing its job. Without getting into too much detail, you want to make sure that ripping isn’t an issue and that the paper does a good job at cleaning up. After all, it’s important to be kind to your behind.
- Package Size: In terms of value, you want to look at how many rolls are included with each package. And you’ll also want to consider the size of each roll. A 48-pack of regular rolls may not offer as much value as a 48-pack of double rolls. Buying in bulk can often save you more money in the long run while also ensuring that you change rolls less often.
- Cost: Most people don’t give too much thought to the cost of their toilet tissue. This is the one household item where comfort and strength often outweigh the cost. But still, you want to get the most for your money. Consider your budget, and choose a toilet tissue that satisfies your needs without costing your family too much money.