How to Find the Best Little Dishwasher on the Market
If your kitchen’s short on space, a small portable dishwasher will give you the convenience of washing your dishes for you without taking up what little space you have.
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
Our favorite for 2017
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
A very close runner-up
SPT SD-2213S Countertop Dishwasher
Another great unit from SPT
We know how difficult it can be to find the right model – especially when many have similar features. When weighing your options, here are a few things you might consider:
- How small is small? Be realistic about how much space you have. Countertop models are great, but keep in mind that they are typically about 17” high and some can be very wide and deep. If you have extremely limited countertop space, a floor model may be the better option. While taller, they’re narrow enough to squeeze into tight spaces. One model on our list, for example, is just 17.63” wide, which is much narrower than the typical countertop model.
- What features do you need? Portable dishwashers don’t offer a laundry list of features, but they do have a specific number of washing cycles, and some offer extra features like delayed start. Determine what extra features you really need and write them down. This will help you determine which models will fit your criteria.
- Is the dishwasher well-rated? Quality and durability are the two most important things when choosing a countertop dishwasher, and customer ratings will help you determine whether the model will meet your standards. Models that have high ratings are more likely to provide you with years of use and a thorough cleaning.
We know how tedious it can be to sift through and compare countertop dishwashers. We’ve done all the hard work for you and gathered the top models on the market to help you find the right dishwasher for your home.
The Top Small Countertop Dishwasher Reviews
SPT SD-2201W – The SPT SD-2201W is one of the best-selling countertop dishwashers on the market. It’s affordably priced, and it’s highly efficient thanks to its Energy Star certification.
The compact design of this model makes it easy to fit in between your counters and cabinets. In terms of dimensions, the unit is just 21.6” x 19.7” x 17.2”. Unlike other countertop models, this one doesn’t take up too much space.
A total of six wash cycles are available, and this model can hold six place settings.
The interior is made of stainless steel, which makes it easy to clean and adds to the unit’s durability.
If you want a compact dishwasher that can handle a good size load of dishes, the SPT SD-2201W is our recommended choice.
SPT SD-2201S – Lower in price but similar in features compared to our previous pick, the SD-2201S is a countertop dishwasher that’s small in size, easy to use and highly durable.
The stainless steel interior adds to the modern look of this model, while the simple front panel controls make it easy to choose your washing cycle. In total, there are six cycles to choose from: light, normal, heavy, speed, glass and soak.
This model is the same size as our previous pick: 21.6” x 19.7” x 17.2”. It’s small enough to fit on a countertop without taking up the entire kitchen.
The SD-2201S has a six-place-setting capacity and a faucet adapter for quick and easy connection.
SPT SD-2213S – The SD-2213S boasts an updated design and similar features to the previous two models on our list. The sleek interface makes it easy to power up the dishwasher and choose the washing cycle you desire.
Altogether, there are six wash cycles: normal, heavy, light, rinse, mini party and speed. The universal faucet adapter also makes it easy to connect this unit, so you can start washing right away.
The SD-2213S can handle up to six place settings worth of dishes with a maximum 10.5” diameter.
This model won’t take up too much counter space either, with SPT’s standard dimensions of 21.6” x 19.7” x 17.2”.
We also like that this model features a rinse aid warning and water supply warning indicator.
Danby DDW611WLED – The Danby DDW611WLED is Energy Star certified, compact in design and easy to connect to your kitchen faucet. It’s a bit wider than SPT models, but isn’t quite as deep. If you have narrow countertops, this model may be the better option.
Like other countertop portable dishwashers, this dishwasher has a six-place-setting capacity and features six washing cycles. The LED display makes it easy to see which cycle you’ve chosen, and the stainless steel interior makes this dishwasher more durable.
Energy and water efficient, this model uses just 3.17 gallons of water on a normal cycle.
If water and energy efficiency are your top priorities and you need a dishwasher that’s not quite as deep as an SPT model, the Danby DDW611LED is the right choice.
Summit Appliance 17.63″ Portable Dishwasher – The only floor model on our list, Summit Appliance’s 17.63” portable dishwasher is narrow enough to fit into tight spaces without taking up countertop space. This particular model is 32.5” tall, and its stainless steel door complements any modern kitchen design.
Energy Star qualified, this model will save on water and electricity usage. Built with sound absorption technology, this dishwasher’s quiet operation is one of its most attractive features.
With a standard capacity, this model can accommodate up to 8 place settings. Four wash cycles are offered: quick wash, china/crystal, regular wash, and pots and pans plus. A handy LED display lets you know how much time is left on your cycle.
Higher in price, this dishwasher offers an abundance of extra features that are convenient and attractive. If you have a larger family and a bigger budget, this is the model we recommend.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Miniature Dishwasher for You
We’ve selected some of the best small dishwashers on the market, but you still may be unsure of which model to choose. Here are some things to consider:
- Capacity: How many dishes can the unit hold? A six-place-setting capacity is standard, but some models offer an eight-place-setting capacity. The capacity you need will depend on how many people live in your home and if you entertain guests often.
- Wash cycles: Most countertop dishwashers offer six wash cycles, but others, like the last model on our list, have just four. Either will suffice, but make sure you have the option to choose between at least heavy, normal and light cycles. This will ensure that you choose the right cycle based on how many dishes you’re washing.
- Size and type: You want a small dishwasher, and each model on our list is compact when compared to a full-size model. But if you don’t have a whole lot of countertop space, you may need a floor model like the last one our list. Countertop dishwashers are usually around 17” x 21” x 19”, so keep this mind.
- Price: Your budget is an important thing to consider. Always choose the highest quality dishwasher you can afford. The good news is that all of the models on our list are high quality and similar in price – with the exception of the last model, which is quite a bit higher in price.
- Extra features: Things like delayed start, LED displays that let you know much time is left in your cycle and other similar features may be important to you. Keep in mind that they also add to the overall price of the dishwasher. Depending on your needs and habits, these features may be worth the extra cost.