Which Toilet Paper Is the Strongest? Read Our Guide to Find Out
It’s a topic no one wants to talk about, but it’s something we use every day. What are we talking about? Toilet paper.
Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong
Our favorite for 2017
Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper 6 Mega Rolls
A very close runner-up
Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper
Strong 2-ply toilet paper with mega rolls
For most people, buying toilet paper is a trivial thing. But for a lot of us, it can be a downright chore. If you need ultra-strong toilet paper, you can’t just pick up any package on the store shelf. You need the right brand and the right size.
But how do you compare the strength of toilet paper without actually trying it out for yourself. We’re going to share our reviews for the top strongest toilet paper brands on the market, but first, here are some helpful tips on how to compare your options:
- Ply Count: Ply refers to the number of layers in the toilet paper. Two ply is typically stronger than single ply. Three ply options are available, too, but these have a higher tendency to clog toilets and aren’t always ideal for septic tanks.
- Texture: In many cases, the toilet paper’s texture can make a difference in how strong or weak it is. Some of the strongest brands on the market have washcloth-like textures that won’t tear during use.
- Sheet Size: Consider the size of each sheet. Larger, thicker sheets may help you use less toilet paper overall, which will save you money in the long run. Some brands say you only need one sheet, but this is rarely the case. With that said, you may still use less toilet paper overall because the paper is stronger.
Top Toilet Paper Reviews for 2017
Charmin Bath Tissue Ultra Strong 8 Mega Rolls – Charmin is known for its strength, and it’s the brand’s main selling point in all its commercials. The Ultra Strong mega rolls are huge. Eight rolls of this toilet paper is equivalent to 32 regular-sized rolls. With Charmin, you’ll be replacing the roll less often, and you won’t have to worry about the sheets tearing each time you use them.
With eight rolls included in this pack, you won’t have to buy more toilet paper for months if you live in a single or two-person household. And with an affordable price, you won’t be spending a small fortune on something you flush down the toilet – literally.
Charmin Ultra Strong 24 Mega Rolls – The 24-roll pack of Charmin Ultra Strong is exactly the same as our previous pick, but you get more rolls. In fact, this pack may actually be a better deal.
Charmin Ultra Strong is four times stronger than the competition when wet, which means you’ll be using four times less toilet paper.
And its washcloth-like texture makes it soft and comfortable to use.
Like our previous pick, Ultra Strong is two-ply for added strength and softness.
Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong Supreme (24 Rolls) – Want toilet paper that’s strong and plush? Quilted Northern has you covered. Their Ultra Soft & Strong toilet paper is two-ply, but feels like three-ply. And it won’t clog your toilets either.
Ultra Soft & Strong is the best toilet paper for septic systems if you want extra-soft paper. It’s unscented, too, so if you have sensitive skin or allergies, you can feel safe in knowing that this paper won’t irritate your skin.
Quilted Northern’s supreme rolls are extra-large, so 24 rolls is equivalent to 90 regular-sized rolls.
If you have a three- or four-person household, one pack of 24 should last you two to three months. If you live alone, it should last you up to six months.
Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong (12 Pack) – If you don’t need to purchase quite as much toilet paper at once, Quilted Northern also offers a 12-pack that offers 75% more sheets. Each family-sized roll has 167 sheets.
Like other Quilted Northern toilet paper rolls, these are two-ply. They’re unscented and completely septic-safe, so you can enjoy the plushness of this paper without worry of it clogging your toilet.
Quilted Northern’s sheets are designed to be flexible and strong to eliminate tearing and ripping. And the larger roll size makes this 12-pack a bargain.
If you love the strength and softness Quilted Northern offers but don’t have the space (or need) to buy 24 rolls at a time, this 12-pack is a great deal.
Charmin Ultra Strong Mega – If you live in a single or two-person household, Charmin’s 6 mega-roll pack may be the ideal choice for you. You get the space-saving benefit of only having to buy six rolls, but you also get the benefit of not having to change rolls quite as often. Six Charmin rolls equals 24 regular rolls – that’s four times more toilet paper.
Charmin is four times stronger than the competition, which means it won’t tear or rip when you use it. The two-play design offers added softness and strength, so they’re comfortable and easy to use.
While Charmin is plush and strong, it’s safe to use with septic systems and won’t easily clog your toilet like other brands.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Strongest Option from All the Toilet Paper Brands Out There
If you’re picky about toilet paper, you already know that it can be a pain to find a brand that works well for you. Sometimes you find the perfect one, and shortly after, the company changes its design, so you’re back at square one. And you won’t find many consumer reports for toilet paper – it’s not something people like to talk about.
We’ve already supplied you with five great options for strong (yet soft) toilet paper. Here are some factors to keep in mind to help you narrow down your options.
- Package Size: How many rolls do you need? If you have a larger household, it only makes sense to buy a larger pack. But even single or two-person households can benefit from buying more rolls – stock up and save. After all, toilet paper doesn’t go bad.
- Space: This point goes along with the previous one. Consider how much space you have when buying toilet paper. Sure, that 24 pack of toilet paper will save you money and trips to the store, but it will also take up quite a bit of closet space. If you’re short on space, you may want to go with a 6, 9 or even 12 pack instead of a larger one.
- Roll Size: Some brands offer larger rolls than others. One roll of Charmin, for example, is equivalent to four regular-sized rolls.
- Price: Naturally, you want to consider the price of the toilet paper. Sometimes, you can buy double (or more) rolls for just a few dollars more. It pays to compare your options – but do keep your storage space in mind.