Let Us Help You Find the Ideal Outdoor Kitchen Smoker
An outdoor kitchen is the envy of every homeowner. When you see an outdoor kitchen, it not only adds to the value of a home, but you can instantly start to imagine all of the barbeques and family parties you can have.
Lion Premium Grills L75623 32″ Natural Gas Grill
Our favorite for 2017
Napoleon BILEX485NSS Built in Natural Gas Grill
A very close runner-up
Napoleon BILEX605RBIPSS Built in Propane Gas Grill
A fantastic grill
If you’ve spent the time and money to build your own outdoor kitchen, the final piece to the puzzle is the right grill.
Gas grill inserts are a good choice for many homeowners because these inserts will be able to be “dropped in.” This is very beneficial because it allows you to change the insert, or the essence of the grill, in case that it breaks or you want to swap it out in the future.
When trying to choose the right grill, a few things you’ll want to keep in mind are:
- Charcoal vs Natural Gas vs Propane: This is a debate that a lot of people have undergone with no avail. Each type will be able to grill your food, but it’s all about preference here. A lot of people prefer charcoal, but it’s a little more tedious than natural gas or propane.
- Warming Rack: If you’re going to be cooking for a lot of people, it’s important that a warming rack is included. This will allow you to keep food warm while still cooking. Adjustable racks work best.
- Sear Burner: If you prefer to sear your meat, ensure that there is a sear burner included. Not all of the units offer this function, but there are a few in our list below that does offer searing burners.
Reviews of the Best High End Grills
Lion Premium Grills L75623 – The perfect fit for any outdoor kitchen, the L75623 has it all. A beautiful stainless steel design allows the grill to withstand the elements and look good doing it. Under the hood, this unit offers 75,000 BTUs of power and 830 square inches of cooking surface.
Stainless steel grates provided a surface that meat easily glides off of – less sticking – and there is a smoker head with polished edges, too.
A total of 4 cast burners are included with this commercial-grade unit. The included warming rack is adjustable, and there are even two interior lights to illuminate your cooking space. There is even a rotisserie motor included.
Napoleon BILEX485NSS – The Napoleon BILEX485NSS offers a jet fire ignition with stainless steel cooking grates for the utmost in quality. An accu-probe temperature gauge ensures precision heating while the control knobs feature I-GLOW so that users can see the knobs when entertaining at night.
Commercial-grade stainless steel burners are included with sear plates that vaporize any dripping fat and control flare-ups for safe grilling at all times.
The drip pan is full-width, and it can be removed quickly. The unit features three burners and a total cooking space of 675 square inches. Charcoal is inserted into the tray while the lift ease roll top lid makes accessing the grills a breeze.
Napoleon BILEX605RBIPSS – The Napoleon BILEX605RBIPSS is the propane version of the last model we reviewed. This model also includes the fancy I-GLOW knobs which illuminate at night and the accu-probe temperature gauge for precision temperature control.
A jet fire ignition system will cook food to perfection, and there is a high intensity bottom burned made from ceramic on the right side to sear your meats to perfection.
The lid opens up using the lift ease roll top function for easy access. The right grill for propane lovers, this model weighs 116 pounds and spans 7.5” x 21.5” x 36.75” in size. For any outdoor kitchen, this is a great addition.
Bull Outdoor Products 26039 – The 26039 is a well-built grill that is a drop-in grill head which is ideal for an outdoor kitchen. The unit can be purchased as a natural gas or liquid propane machine, and it’s backed by a stunning 60,000 BTUs.
Solid stainless steel grates and four porcelain coated bar burned cook food to perfection.
A smoker box is included which allows you to smoke all of your meats. Featuring Piezo Igniters, the unit quickly heats up and starts with the click of the knob in front of the unit. All burners have separate controls so that you have more control over your cooking experience.
Made with 16 gauge 304 stainless steel, this is one of the highest grades of steel used in the grilling industry.
Lion Premium Grills 90823 – The final model on our list is the 90823, and this is as close to a commercial grill as you’ll get. This model has 5 cast stainless steel burners with a total of 90,000 BTUs. The unit also has an extra-large, commercial-grade temperature grade.
In terms of cooking surface, users will enjoy a staggering 1030 square inches of space to cook on.
An infrared rotisserie back burner is included, and the unit uses 304-16 gauge commercial stainless steel in its design. There is an adjustable warming rack for keeping food warm, and the 90823 includes two interior lights so you can cook night and day.
This is the perfect, high-end grill for anyone that needs added cooking space.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Built In Grill For You
There’s a lot that goes into buying a grill, and if you’re like most people, you’ve built your dream outdoor kitchen with the hopes of entertaining friends and family all summer long. The right grill for you really depends on what you plan on using your grill for this summer.
If you plan on cooking for just you and your wife, there is no reason to buy a large grill with over 1,000 square inches of cooking space.
When choosing your built-in grill, we recommend thinking about the following:
- Cooking Space: The outdoor kitchen you design will need to offer room for a grill that has enough cooking space for your needs. There are grills of all sizes, and chances are, a small family won’t need 1,000 square inches of cooking space.
- Burners: The number and independence of each burner is important. If you plan on cooking a variety of foods at one time, separate burners will allow you to be able to cook food at different intervals allowing for an overall faster time cooking.
- Rotisserie: If you like rotisserie chickens or other foods that will be cooked over hours, the unit you choose should have a rotisserie option – many do. There may be kits available for your chosen model that offer this, too.
A smoker can also be found in many of the models listed above. This feature will allow you to smoke your foods to perfection. Drip trays that span the entire width of the grill are recommended for fattier meats.