Let Us Help You Find the Best Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker On the Market
When coffee is brewing, it will drip down into the container which is called a carafe. Little thought is given to the carafe by most people, but it plays a big role in the coffee that you brew. If you want a great tasting coffee that will stay warm for hours, the best thermal coffee maker will do the trick – if a thermal carafe is included.
Thermos 51 Ounce Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Carafe
Our favorite for 2017
Copco Chloe 1 Quart Thermal Capacity Carafe
A very close runner-up
Keurig K2.0 Thermal Carafe
Easy pouring handle, holds up to 4 cups of coffee
Inexpensive and worth every penny, a carafe can be added to most traditional coffee makers.
If you’re looking for a thermal carafe, we’ve reviewed our top five favorite models on the market just for you. But even with our help, you’ll be left wondering which model to choose when trying to compare these models.
A few comparison points to keep in mind are:
- Ounce Capacity: The normal cup of coffee is 6- 8 ounces of liquid, and if you want your coffee to stay warm for hours, you need to have a large ounce capacity. If you drink two cups of coffee per day, a 20-ounce model will more than suffice, but some models go up to 50+ ounces – enough for 6+ cups of coffee before re-brewing.
- Temperature Keeping Time: The time the unit is able to keep coffee hot or liquids cold will matter. Most items will keep liquid at its respective temperature for 12 hours before it starts to cool or warm respectively.
Keep in mind that the carafes we’ll be talking about normally have coffee poured into them and won’t fit under your coffee maker’s spout.
Our Picks for the Best Thermal Carafe
Thermos 51 Ounce Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Carafe – Thermos is a world famous brand, and the insulated stainless steel carafe is our top overall pick. Available in sizes 20 – 51-ounce, you have countless options to choose from.
A pour spout opens with a push of a button, and a large mouth allows for easy filling.
The body stays cool to the touch even though hot liquids stay cool for 12 hours; cold liquids stay cool for up to 24 hours. The interior and exterior of this model features high quality 18/8 stainless steel.
Zojirushi Polished Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Thermal Carafe – Zojirushi offers a polished stainless steel exterior with an insulated thermal interior to keep coffee nice and hot, too. The model is budget to mid-range, and it’s the right choice for anyone that wants to direct brew into the carafe.
Coffee filter cones can be placed in this carafe for direct brewing.
Sleek, this is the right choice for a home office, and the top stays in place thanks to a twist cap. A glass liner keeps the flavor of your coffee pure – no BPAs – and with a one-liter capacity, you’ll have plenty of coffee for the entire day. Coffee stays hot for 10 – 12 hours in this carafe.
Keurig K2.0 Thermal Carafe – Keurig users (the K2.0 specifically) will want to give this carafe a try. This thermal carafe is made of stainless steel and offers a double-wall construction to keep liquids 20 degrees hotter when compared to a plastic model.
A brew-through lid allows for easy brewing, and the carafe holds up to 32 ounces of coffee – enough for 4 cups of coffee.
This carafe is the right choice for anyone using the K2.0 Keurig machine. And the best part is that your morning cup of coffee will stay piping hot all day long. Forget about the carafe that came with your Keurig – it’s time to upgrade.
BESTEK Double Wall Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel – BESTEK offers a double wall carafe that’s able to hold 50 ounces of coffee and is extremely affordable. If you’re on a tight budget and still want a hot cup of coffee at all hours of the day, it’s impossible to not consider BESTEK.
Made with 18/8 stainless steel, temperature is locked in for up to 24 hours (hot and cold liquids), and the leak-proof top opens with a push of a button for easy pouring.
The opening allows for easy pouring of your coffee into the carafe (use both hands for the utmost in safety). After 17 hours, this carafe is able to keep 192F degree coffee at around 127F degree – still warm enough to drink.
Copco Chloe 1 Quart Thermal Capacity Carafe – Affordable, durable and the right choice for anyone with a low budget. While not as insulated as other models, this carafe will keep liquids hot or cold for about 8 hours before the temperature begins to fluctuate.
All white in color, this model has a curved handle and reminds me of a lemonade pitcher rather than a carafe.
The push button allows you to open the top of the carafe, and this model is able to hold up to one quart of liquid at a time. The only issue is that the top of this model is hard to get on and off due to its tight fit.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Thermos Carafe for You
A coffee maker with thermal carafe won’t offer the same quality, in most cases, as the carafes listed above. The reason for this is that the manufacturer focuses on the quality of the coffee produced rather than the amount of time that the carafe keeps the coffee hot.
But since carafes can be used without direct-brew, you can pour your coffee into these carafes and keep it nice and hot for hours.
When trying to choose the right thermos carafe for you, there are a few points to keep in mind that will make your purchase a little easier – and better for you:
- Spout: The spout needs to be large. When trying to pour coffee into a narrow spout, you’ll spill a lot of coffee in the process. If you choose a direct-brew model, you’ll want to make sure the spout is big enough for the coffee to enter it.
- Size: A smaller model may or may not fit under your coffee spout even if it’s not direct-brew. If you want to change out your carafe with one of these thermal carafes, you may be able to make it work if you choose a smaller model.
- Price: If you can’t afford a mid-range carafe, you’ll find that the budget models, like the last choice on our list, will work, too, but they also don’t keep coffee as hot for the same amount of time. For the most part, if you have a mid-price budget to spend, you can get a high-end carafe that keeps coffee hot for the entire day.