Let Us Help You Find the Best Slushy Machine After 2020
Whether you run a beachside bar in the Bahamas or a packed restaurant in the middle of Manhattan, a frozen drink machine is a smart investment for your establishment. When the summer heats up, patrons will want something to cool them down. With a frozen drink machine, you can serve a variety of slushy drinks, including frozen daiquiris and margaritas.
Margarita Girl Double-Bowl Mini Size Margarita Slush Frozen Drink Machine
Our favorite for 2020
Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker
A very close runner-up
Margarita Girl Double-Bowl Full Size Margarita Slush Frozen Drink Machine
An excellent double bowl unit
These machines are an investment, so you want to be sure you’re buying a reliable, efficient machine. We’re going to review some of the top commercial models on the market. Keep the following points in mind when comparing them:
- Tank Number: How many different types of frozen drinks do you plan on offering? Some machines have just one tank, while others have multiple. If you only plan on serving margaritas, you may only need a single tank machine. But if you plan on serving both margaritas and daiquiris or other frozen drinks, you’ll need a machine with multiple tanks.
- Durability: When using any machine in a commercial setting, it’s important to make sure that it is both durable and efficient. User reviews are one way to determine durability. Be sure to check ratings and read through user comments to see which machines offer the best performance. Also, check the machine’s warranty. A longer warranty is often an indicator of the machine’s durability and will give you peace of mind that your purchase is protected.
- Capacity: Another key important thing to consider is the capacity of the machine. Some can hold up to 50 cups, while others hold more or less. Estimate your demand, and look for machines that can meet that demand.
The Top Frozen Drink Machine Reviews
Margarita Girl Double-Bowl – The Margarita Girl double-bowl machine can blend up to 50 cups of frozen beverages, and features two tanks for two different drinks. Each tank can hold up to 6 liters of drinks, offering a 12-liter maximum capacity between the two.
This versatile machine can produce slush from any beverage that has at least 15% sugar content, including sangria and wine slushies.
The 1/4 HP compressor is air-cooled and offers protection against freeze-ups as well as consistency control.
Featuring stainless steel panels and high-impact plastic housing, this machine is highly durable.
The manufacturer of this machine says it’s not intended for use as a commercial margarita machine, but it may be a good fit for very small commercial establishments.
Margaritaville Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker – The Tahiti Frozen Concoction Maker from Margaritaville offers three tanks and allows you to make a variety of frozen drinks, including colada, margarita, smoothie, mojito, daiquiri and mudslide.
What’s really great about this machine is that it’s really three separate blenders. There are three jugs and three independent controls, so you can blend three different types of drinks at one time.
A large ice bucket on the top of the machine feeds ice into each jar through the rotating head, while the independent controls allow you to choose the type of drink you want to make. It’s virtually hands-free. Just add your ingredients to the pitcher, choose the right drink type, and the machine will take care of the rest.
A total of 72 ounces of frozen drinks can be blended at one time.
If you’re looking for a machine that lets you blend a variety of drinks at one time, the Tahiti is the right choice.
Margarita Girl Double-Bowl Full Size – Another great machine from Margarita Girl, this model features two tanks and a higher capacity than the mini version. In total, this machine can blend up to 100 cups of frozen beverages, with two varieties to choose from.
Each bowl holds up to 12 liters of drink, which equates to 50 cups.
Like the previous Margarita Girl machine, this model features a durable construction with stainless steel panels and high-impact plastic housing.
The 1/3 HP compressor is air-cooled and offers protection against freeze-ups as well as consistency control.
Suitable for commercial use, the Margarita Girl full-size double bowl model is a great option for those looking for high capacity frozen daiquiri machines.
Margarita Girl Single-Bowl Mini Size – If you’re running a smaller establishment or just want a powerful machine for home use, the Margarita Girl single-bowl mini machine is a great option.
Featuring one tank, this machine can blend up to 25, 8-ounce cups of a frozen beverage.
The 1/5 HP compressor is air-cooled, and offers freeze-up protection as well as consistency control.
Simple controls allow for easy use of the machine, with simple power, on/off and min/max switches. Just place your cup or pitcher under the spout, and the machine will take care of the rest.
The single-bowl mini machine offers the same durable construction as other Margarita Girl machines, with stainless steel panels and plastic housing.
MegaLane Commercial 3 Tank Frozen Drink Machine – MegaLane’s 3-tank drink machine is truly designed for commercial use. Featuring three 15-liter tanks, this machine allows you to blend a variety of frozen beverages and offers a total capacity of 45 liters, or 190 cups.
A double-sided refrigeration system allows for fast refrigeration and ultra-high efficiency when producing slush. An evaporation cylinder and separate refrigeration allows for quick cooling.
Tanks are made of Polycarbonate (PC), which has high/low temperature resistance. PC is also unbreakable.
If you run a larger establishment or have a higher demand for frozen drinks, MegaLane’s model is the smart option and is truly a high-capacity commercial machine.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Frozen Drink Dispenser for You
There are numerous things to consider when buying a frozen drink machine, particularly if you plan on using it in a commercial setting. Apart from capacity, tank numbers and durability, you may also want to consider:
- Power: How powerful is the machine and how quickly can it produce slush? If you need to produce a lot of drinks in a relatively short amount of time, you’ll need a powerful machine, like the MegaLane. But for establishments with lower demand, a less powerful machine will suffice and save you money.
- Manual or Hands-Off: The Margaritaville machine takes most of the guesswork out of mixing frozen drinks. Just add the ingredients, choose the drink type, and the machine figures out the rest. Other machines require you to taste test to see if you have enough alcohol/drink mix, and make changes as needed. Determine whether you’d prefer a manual machine, or a more hands-off option like the Margaritaville.
- Noise: Another thing to consider, although minor, is how much noise the machine makes when in use. Louder machines may be distracting in quieter settings or events, so keep this in mind. Check user reviews for information on noise levels. Users are bound to complain or praise machines that are loud or quiet.
- Price: The cost of the machine is always a consideration. You should already have a good idea of what your budget is, but it’s important to find a machine that fits into that budget without compromising on quality or your needs. Choose the best quality machine that you can realistically afford rather than simply opting for the cheapest machine.