Let Us Help You Find the Ideal Industrial Vacuum Sealer
Vacuum sealers are a great choice to help you save money on food. A sealer can extend the shelf life of food by up to five times the normal amount, so you’ll throw less food away and be able to seal everything from meats to liquids and even jars in some cases.
VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
Our favorite for 2020
VacMaster VP112S Chamber Vacuum Sealer
A very close runner-up
VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
A great unit
Businesses will use industrial models, but hunters and fishermen will use them, too.
When trying to compare a chamber vacuum sealer with other models, you’ll need to consider the following:
- Pump Type: Some models offer pumps or pistons. While dry models are maintenance-free, they also have the drawback that they don’t use oil. This means that the internal motor can become hot, requiring a pause between sealing. Oil pumps eliminate these pauses, and this allows for bulk sealing at a much higher pace, which is something to think about.
- Chamber Height: The height of the chamber is very important because a smaller height will require smaller jars if you need to seal jars. Pouches will also need to be filled with less liquid based on the chamber height, so this is something else to think about.
- Jar Sealing: If you plan on sealing jars, make sure that the unit you choose can seal jars accordingly. Some units cannot seal jars, so keep this in mind if you make jams or jellies that you want to seal.
Chamber vacuum sealers are a great option for anyone who likes to prep food well in advance, or businesses that want to waste as little food as possible to save money and reduce waste.
Reviews of the Best Chamber Vacuum Sealers
VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer – The VP215 is a chamber sealer that boasts a powerful motor and is equipped with a 1/4 HP oil pump for larger loads. This heavy-duty unit can help extend a food’s shelf life by as much as 500%, and this leads to direct savings for consumers and businesses alike.
Each bag is double sealed to ensure complete preservation.
Ideal for small restaurants, hunters, fishers and catering, this unit can also package liquids and liquid-rich foods as well as solids. Rapid sealing is offered by the oil pump design, so there is no reason to stop in between loads.
This model weighs 84 pounds, and chamber pouches can be as big as 10” in width and 13” in length.
VacMaster VP112S Chamber Vacuum Sealer – VacMaster’s VP1125 model is redesigned to offer a new lid and a heavy-duty chamber that guarantees consistent performance. The seal is 4mm, and there is a marinating cycle which will infuse meats and helps deepen the flavor of sealed items.
A user control panel on the top of the unit allows for quick and easy setting adjustments and control.
Liquids can also be sealed thanks to the chamber design, and the hinged lid is placed at the back of the sealer to allow it to fit perfectly on any countertop. This unit weighs 57 pounds, and smaller jars can be placed in the unit and sealed, too. The jars will need to be small mason jars to work properly.
VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum Sealer – The VP210 is a chamber vacuum sealer that has a dry, maintenance-free machine pump. Double sealed, each bag is sealed to perfection, and the vacuum is customizable with a variety of seal methods and options to pick from.
Soups, stews, meat and even liquids can be sealed quickly in this unit’s chamber.
The unit states that each bag is able to reach a 24-26 hg vacuum seal level. The unit is a heavy 83 pounds, and large bags of 10” width and 15” length can be placed in the unit. There is a slight learning curve when trying to use this machine, but once you master the settings, you’ll find it offers superb sealing power.
PolyScience 300 Series Chamber Vacuum Sealer – The PolyScience 300 is a vacuum sealer that is able to seal dry and wet foods to perfection. This unit can also seal soups and stews with relative ease. There is a built-in marinate cycle that will allow you to marinate meats for added flavor.
Stainless steel, this model offers a high level of durability, and a total of three preset cycles can be programmed into the machine for precision sealing.
Users will be able to adjust the vacuum level, seal time and hold times to seal each food item to their preference. A dry piston pump allows for this model to be maintenance-free and easy to upkeep.
VacMaster VP320 Chamber Vacuum Sealer – The VP320 is an advanced commercial vacuum sealer with a 1.5 HP rotary oil pump that allows for quick and precise sealing without any stopping in between. Restaurants and small businesses will benefit from little downtime when sealing their foods.
A 16” seal bar is offered with a double seal wire.
The chamber height is 7” high, and the seal bar can be removed without any tools. A seal timer is included and adjustable. Pouches of 16” x 20” can be placed in this unit, and the total weight of the VP320 is 180 pounds.
The 3-step setup is simple, and this unit has no issue sealing thousands of pounds of meat without an issue along the way.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Chamber Sealer for You
The right chamber sealer for you is all based on preference. All sealers will offer an almost 500% extension on the shelf life of the product, so this is something that won’t need to be at the forefront of your decision.
But there are a lot of things that you should consider before making your final choice on which product to purchase.
- Price: Sealers can be very expensive investments, so you want to make a budget to better understand what you’ll be able to afford. It’s not uncommon for high-end models to cost over a thousand dollars, but with the level of food that is saved, this is often worth the small investment.
- Pouch Size: What size pouch can be placed in the unit? Larger pouches will be able to hold more foods and liquids. If you plan on making marinades, the larger pouch option can be a vital component that is easily overlooked.
- Size: How much space can you dedicate to the sealer? Some sealers are rather large in size, and they may not fit on your counter or in a smaller space. Keep this in mind if space is limited. There will also need to be clearance between any counters and cabinets to be able to accommodate the sealer. Some units also weigh well over 100 pounds, so keep this in mind, too.
Marinade sealing options and customizable sealing options are another perk for anyone that chooses to seal a wide variety of foods. You’ll be sure to find a durable, long-lasting model on our list above that meets all of your criteria.