Our Guide to Finding the Best Shark Vacuum for Pets After 2015
Pets are a part of the family. You love them unconditionally, but you don’t love the hair, dander and dirt they leave behind. Whether you have a tiny teacup Chihuahua or a pack of Siberian Huskies, it’s important to choose a vacuum that’s powerful enough to keep your carpets hair- and dirt-free.
Shark Rotator NV752 Powered Lift-Away TruePet Vacuum
Our favorite for 2020
Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright (HV322)
Fantastic ultra light option
Shark Pet Perfect II Hand Vac (SV780)
Shark, one of the most popular brands on the market, offers models specially designed for homes with pets. But how do you compare these models? Here’s what a pet model should offer:
- Motorized brush attachment, so it can pick up hair and dirt on your furniture and stairs. These attachments should be powerful enough to pick up hair without having to make several passes.
- The ability to vacuum in hard-to-reach places, like underneath the bed or couch. Swivel and flexible designs allow you to get into these places without having to use attachments.
- A washable HEPA filter to trap and eliminate household allergens. A HEPA filter is a must if you have pets in your home – especially if someone in the home has allergies.
- Powerful suction to pick up trapped dirt, hair and allergens deep in your carpet’s fibers. Vacuums that are not designed for use with pets often lose their suction over time, which leaves dirt and hair behind.
Which Shark models offer all of these features? We’ve rounded up the top five best rated pet models to help you find the right one for your needs.
These five Shark models are ideal for homes with pets. Not only do they offer the unique features you need to keep your home clean, but they also come at an affordable price and are backed by positive customer reviews.
Rotator NV752 – The Shark Rotator NV752 may just be the best vacuum for dog hair. Featuring Sharks’ Powered Lift-Away technology, this model makes it easy to clean carpeting, hard flooring, underneath your furniture and other hard-to-reach places in your home. This model also comes with the TruePet motorized brush attachment, so you can remove hair from your furniture and stairs with ease.
The Hard-Floor Genie is a special attachment that uses a microfiber cloth and the vacuums suction to remove even the tiniest dust particles from hard flooring.
Built with Shark’s Never Loses Suction technology, this model also boasts Anti-Allergen Seal technology and a HEPA filter to keep allergens at bay.
Plus, the swivel steering makes it easy to maneuver, and the LED lights allow you to see hairs that you may have left behind.
The Rotator NV752 is truly the best vacuum for pets on the market, and it’s backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty.
Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright – If you prefer an ultra-light model, the Rocket TruePet may be the right model for you. An ultralight vacuum with two times the capacity of similar models, the Rocket features a motorized brush for easy removal of pet hair on furniture and stairs. Designed with power in mind, this model will not lose suction over time.
Like the previous model, this one also features the Hard Floor Genie attachment, which allows you to clean your hard flooring with ease while removing even the tiniest of dirt particles.
The advanced swivel steering and the LED lights make it easy to maneuver and see where you’re cleaning.
If portability and lightweight are your top priorities, the Rocket TruePet is a great option.
Navigator Lift-Away – The Navigator Lift-Away is an upright bagless model that’s lightweight and comes with Shark’s premium pet tools.
A brush attachment and portable canister allow you to clean stairs and upholstery with ease – and without having to lug around the vacuum’s base.
This model also features the Anti-Allergen Seal technology that Shark is famous for and a HEPA filter to remove 99.9% of allergens and dust in your home. To crevice tools are included as well as a dusting brush and a small pet hair power brush to remove every last bit of pet hair from your home.
Affordable in price, the Navigator Lift-Away is a great option for any home.
Navigator Lift-Away Professional – If you’re in need of a little more and versatility, the Professional model from the Navigator Lift-Away lineup is a smart choice. Like the previous model, this vacuum features Never Loses Suction technology, for powerful suction that lasts. The extra-large capacity canister is portable, so you can easily vacuum stairs and furniture.
With a HEPA filter and Shark’s Anti-Allergen Seal technology, this vacuum will remove nearly all of the allergens and dust in your home. Plus, it comes with a hard floor attachment and one microfiber pad to remove fine dust and dirt particles from hard flooring.
With swivel steering and serious suction power, this model is ideal for homes with multiple pets.
Pet Perfect II Hand Vac – For smaller jobs that don’t require a big, heavy upright, the Pet Perfect II hand vacuum is the ideal choice. Known as one of the most powerful cordless hand vacuums on the market, this model uses Twister Cyclonic technology to maintain its strong suction.
A cordless model, the Pet Perfect II comes with a rechargeable battery, wall-mountable charging stand and storage for the vacuum’s tools.
The great thing about this model is that it offers four different cleaning options, including: extra-large motorized pet hair brush, direct suction, a crevice tool, and a dusting brush.
Built with a bagless canister, this model is easy to empty and incredibly lightweight (just 4.2 pounds).
Buyers Guide – How to Choose the Best Shark Vacuum for Pet Hair
All five of these models will provide you with the cleaning power you need to remove pet hair, dander, allergens and dirt from your carpets. But which model is right for you? Here are a few things to consider:
- Your Needs: Are you looking for a full upright vacuum, or handheld model that you can use for smaller jobs? If you just need a vacuum to pick up cat litter, leftover pet food and tracked-in dirt, a handheld model may be your best option.
- Price: Obviously, price will be a factor in buying your new vacuum. While you may not want to overspend on a vacuum, it’s important to remember that pets leave behind dirt, hair and dander that can aggravate asthma and make it more difficult to keep your home clean. You need a powerful vacuum that can remove trapped dirt and dust particles to keep your home fresh and clean.
- Weight: Some vacuum models are heavy, while others are built to be ultra-light. If you have trouble lifting or maneuvering a heavier vacuum, you may consider buying an ultra-lightweight model, like the Rocket TruePet (our second pick). This particular models offers all of the features you’d expect from a full-size upright, but in a compact, light model.
Whether you have just one pet or a zoo full of animals in your home, it’s important to choose a quality vacuum that can stand up to your home’s rigorous demands. These five models pass the test, but the right one for you will depend on your budget and needs.