Read Our Guide to Discover Which Is the Best Toto Toilet in 2020
You spend a lot of time on your toilet. Studies are a little conflicted on the exact time that people spend on the toilet during their lifetime, but the studies range from 1 – 1.5 years on average, with men spending the most time in the toilet.
TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone Elongated One Piece Toilet with Sanagloss
Our favorite Ultramax II for 2020
TOTO MS854114#01 Ultimate Elongated One Piece Toilet
A Sleek, high-profile, one-piece toilet
TOTO MS854114S#01 Ultramax Elongated One Piece Toilet
Our favorite Ultramax for 2020
Women will spend more time in the bathroom getting ready than men.
Men average 1 hour and 45 minutes on the toilet per week compared to women that spend 1 hour and 20 minutes per week on the toilet. This is a lot of time spent on the toilet. And if you’re not using the right toilet, you’re not making your experience as comfortable as possible.
You need to choose the right toilet for you.
We’ve reviewed five of the best toilets in existence, and we recommend comparing them by:
- Flush Valve: Standard toilets come with a 2” flush valve, but many Ultramax models come with a 3” valve. A larger valve allows waste to pass through the system with greater ease, reduces clogs and flushes more efficiently overall.
- Gallons Per Flush: The amount of water used in a toilet will cost or save you money. Older toilets use more water, while newer models can flush with 30%+ less water. High-end models use just one gallon of water per flush. This is an environmental decision, and one that can save you money every month.
- Seats: Most toilets come with seats, and a softclose model will allow for a softer close to allow for less of a “noise” when closing your toilet seat.
Reviews of Our Top Picks
TOTO MS854114S#01 Ultramax Elongated Toilet – The Elongated is cotton white, and it also comes in a round shape. A high height allows for an easy time standing, and the fast flush valve is 3” in width to allow for a fast flush. This will also allow you to be able to flush the toilet with fewer clogs and messes.
The bowl rim height is 14 5/8” in height.
This toilet is a higher end model, and it offers commercial grade flushing. What this means is that this toilet is quiet and its high profile to allow for a strong flush. A SoftClose seat is included, and there is a 5-year warranty included, too. This model is 1.6 gallons per flush.
TOTO MS854114#01 Ultimate Elongated One Piece Toilet – Despite the long model number, this is not the same model toilet as above. This toilet is more affordable, and four colors are offered: cotton white, beige, colonial white and bone, which looks a lot like the beige option.
Offered in elongated and round models, the valve of this model is 3” in width, which allows for 125% wider than most models.
The seat is 15” in height, and the power gravity flushing system is very powerful and offers a quiet operation. The trip lever is chrome plated, and this model weighs 89 pounds, so it’s very heavy.
TOTO MS854114SG#01 Ultramax Elongated One Piece Toilet – The TOTO Ultramax is another nigh-end unit, so it’s on the higher-end in terms of prices. This model only comes in elongated, and the only color offered is a cotton white. Beautiful in appearance, this model offers an ion barrier that cleans your toilet with every flush called SanaGloss.
Offering a commercial performance and flush, this toilet is quiet yet powerful.
The seat rests 15” from the ground, with the tank height being 27”. This toilet uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush, and its weight is 93 pounds. A toilet seat is included, and the valve is larger in size, too, to offer a fast and efficient flush every time.
TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone – The Ultramax II offers a double cyclone function and uses even less water per flush, saving you money on your water bill. This model is mid-range, and it offers significant advantages over the competition.
The height is higher at 17.25” off the ground, allowing users to sit and stand with greater ease.
A unique double cyclone design uses just 1.28 gallons of water per flush, and SanaGloss technology uses ions to clean the toilet when flushed. The bowl is elongated, and even when using a lot of toilet paper, this model is strong enough to flush every time without clogging.
This is a great toilet for anyone that wants advanced technology, lower water usage and a higher seat.
Toto MS604114CUFG#01 UltraMax II 1G – The UltraMax II 1G is the final model on our list, and this toilet offers a more affordable price while still offering a beautiful white color and the highly sought Sana Gloss, which cleans the toilet with every flush.
CalGreen compliant, the 1G has a softclose seat that is included and a 12” rough-in.
What makes this model unique is that it uses just one gallon of water per flush, and the double cyclone function allows for a dual nozzle toilet cleaning system without the holes seen in the rim of other toilets. This model is highly water efficient, quiet and offers a gravity flush design.
Buyer’s Guide – Is The Ultramax or The Ultramax 2 The Right One for You?
Toilets don’t get the same consideration as many other household necessities. As long as a toilet works, most people don’t give them a second thought. And the lack of innovation in the toilet industry is definitely to blame for people not seeking out new toilets.
UltraMax has changed the way people think about toilets.
The discussion over which toilet is the best has started, and as lot of people will need to choose between the Ultramax and Ultramax II. When you make your choice, you’ll need to consider the following:
- Price: A lot of people don’t realize that toilets can be very expensive. You can expect to spend a mid-range amount on most toilets. If you want the best toilet on the list, you’ll need to allocate more for your budget. The main difference you’ll find is in water flow and gallons per flush.
- Size: The height is the most important feature for older people. If the seat height is above 15”, this will be a higher toilet that is a bit easier to get on and off of for users. Higher seats are a nice addition to any home and shouldn’t be overlooked.
- Ultramax II: If you’re looking for the best model with the newest features, the second iteration comes with the self-cleaning Sana Gloss, which is a nice added perk. Later models of the original came with this feature in some cases, but the prices of the older high-end models are similar to the newer models.
Ultramax offers commercial grade toilets at a residential toilet price, and this is why consumers flock to the company.