Let Us Help You Find the Best Commercial Popcorn Machine on The Market
Professional popcorn machines allow for large batches of popcorn to be popped at one time. Each unit provides its own benefits, but most models (especially those on our list) will make delicious popcorn by the gallons.
Great Northern Popcorn 6210 POPHEAVEN Commercial Quality Style Popcorn Popper Machine with 12-Ounce Kettle
Our favorite for 2020
Great Northern Popcorn Red Matinee Movie Theater Style 8 oz. Ounce Antique Popcorn Machine
A very close runner-up
Great Northern Popcorn 6010 Roosevelt Top Antique Style Popcorn Popper Machine
Another great budget friendly unit
We’re going to provide you with popcorn popper reviews based off our own research.
But when you try to compare models, you’ll need to know how to pick the right popcorn machine the first time. A few things to consider when comparing models are:
- Positions: The positions of a unit are important. Two-gear models were once popular and the only model you would find on the market for years. But three position models are available, too. Three position control switches offer the following functions: stir, spot light warm and pot heater.
- Old Maid Tray: An old maid is a term used for over 100 years to discuss unpopped kernels of popcorn. An old maid tray will keep the kernels together so that they can be put in the machine again for a second run, or they can be discarded as necessary.
- Certified: If the popcorn will be used in a commercial setting, a commercial certification will ensure that the machine can be used in a high-demand environment and meet health codes. If the unit is not certified, there’s a risk that you’re not meeting health standards when popping kernels.
Popcorn machines are a staple in the movie industry, but the affordability of a high-end popcorn machine has expanded the commercial opportunities of popcorn. Now, even small establishments can offer popcorn, too.
Our Picks for the Best Home Theater Popcorn Machine
Great Northern Popcorn 6210 POPHEAVEN – The 6210 is a commercial quality popcorn machine with a 12-ounce kettle. Offered in a blue color, this model has a switch to active spot warming, stirring and the pot heater. The gearbox is made of metal to ensure a long-lasting, durable design.
A kernel and oil scoop are included, and the unit is commercial quality and certified.
Powered by 1350 watts, stainless steel kettles are used for easy cleaning, and there is a warming deck, too. Old-maid drawers hold unpopped kernels, and tempered glass panels are used to house the machine.
This unit can make a staggering 5 gallons of popcorn per batch.
Great Northern Popcorn Red Matinee Movie Popcorn Machine – Great Northern offers two great options when purchasing this machine: machine only, and machine and cart. This unit is perfect for a man cave or family room, and there are three position control switches that demand 640 watts of power.
Tempered glass is used in the construction, and a reject kernel tray is included, too.
Approximately 2 – 3 gallons of popcorn can be made in this popcorn machine at one time. Stainless steel food zones make it easy to clean this machine, and its antique style is a big hit among guests.
This is a great at-home popcorn machine, and its antique look is unmatched.
Great Northern Popcorn 6010 Roosevelt Machine – The 6010 is a deluxe model that demands 860-watt and offers a three-position control switch. Users can choose between spot light warmer, pot heater and stirrer. A warming deck will keep popcorn warm.
A reject kernel tray is included as well as a scoop and oil scoop.
Minor assembly is required. Around 3 gallons of popcorn can be cooked during each batch. Cleanup is a breeze. The heavy-duty stainless steel can be cleaned quickly with water and a rag. This is a commercial-quality unit.
The company even provides 50 popcorn serving bags and measuring cups with each unit as a bonus.
Great Northern Popcorn 6208 TopStar Twelve OZ Machine – Great Northern offers an antique style popcorn popper that comes in a black and red color. This is a unit seen at carnivals and fairs, and it’s commercial certified. A staggering 1350-watt of power is needed to run the 6208, and the unit features an all-metal gearbox.
There are three switches available: pot heater, stirrer and spot light warmer.
A 60-watt light bulb is included, and around 5 gallons of popcorn can be popped per batch. A warming deck is included, too. Cleaning is a breeze. All you need to do is add water and wipe the interior of the machine down.
Paragon Professional Series Popper Popcorn Machine – Paragon’s professional series is one of the best in the world. A high-end unit, this popcorn machine is a high-output, side-hinged model. The kettle is made of hard-coat anodized aluminum. A sturdy cabinet construction with a stainless steel food zone and 6-ounce container allows for commercial-quality popcorn.
Tempered glass panels are used to make cleaning easy and ensure the unit meets cleanliness standards.
The old maid drawer holds unpopped kernels. A 50-watt warming deck keeps the popcorn fresh and warm through even heating. The machine cycles every three minutes, and the unit can produce 96 ounces of popcorn per hour.
One serving can be produced at a time if necessary.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Professional Popcorn Maker for You
The issue when choosing the right professional popcorn maker is that most models are very similar. Choices often come down to sizing, price and quality. There also needs to be special attention paid to the capacity of the unit per batch.
A good popcorn machine can meet your demands, and this is preferential and situation based. However, a few points that make the decision easier are:
- Size: The size of a popcorn machine is indicative of the unit’s production capability. Larger venues, such as high-end movie theaters, will need a 5 or higher gallon unit per batch to be able to make enough popcorn. Take a sampling of customer demand to purchase a size appropriate for your professional needs.
- Reviews: Popcorn machines can be expensive, and it’s in your best interest to read reviews before purchase. A review can help you avoid buying a unit that’s defective or breaks easily.
- Price: The good news is that pricing isn’t as much of a concern with popcorn machines as it is with other commercial items. Most models are in a similar price range, but you still want to make a budget so that you don’t overspend on a machine.
- Extras: Some companies sweeten your purchase by offering extras with purchase. These extras can include scoopers and bags. Carts can be purchased for some units, and this completes the antique look that many people love.
If you keep the above points in mind when making your purchase, you’ll be better prepared to purchase the right model for you or your business.