Let Us Help You Find the Best Danby Countertop Dishwasher on the Market
When it comes to portable appliances, the Danby brand is a leader in the industry. It’s no surprise, then, that their countertop and portable dishwashers are some of the best rated. If you live in a small space, a Danby dishwasher will let you enjoy the convenience of having a dishwasher without taking up too much space.
Danby DDW611WLED Countertop Dishwasher
Our favorite for 2020
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
Not Danby, but a great alternative
Danby DDW1899WP 8 Place Setting Portable Dishwasher
Capable of dealing with 8 place settings!
But with so many models to choose from, finding the right one isn’t always easy. Here are some things you should consider when comparing models:
- Countertop or Floor Model: Danby offers both countertop and floor dishwashers, so you can choose one that fits your lifestyle. The floor models are narrow, so they fit into tight spaces, and they hold more dishes. Countertop models may hold fewer dishes, but don’t take up any floor space – ideal for very small kitchens.
- Lifestyle Needs: The dishwasher you choose will largely depend on your lifestyle. If you eat at home often or have a larger family, a bigger capacity may be necessary. If you rarely eat at home or have a smaller family, a countertop model may suit you well.
- Faucet Type: Another important thing to consider is your faucet type, although this shouldn’t be an issue for most people. Danby portable dishwashers connect to your faucet, but in order for it work properly, your faucet must have a removable aerator. The aerator must be removed, so the adapter can be put securely in place.
These are three important things to think about when comparing Danby models. But don’t worry – there’s no need for you to search for models and compare them yourself. We have selected the top models from Danby (and one great alternative) to help you find the ideal portable dishwasher for your home.
Our Reviews for the Top Rated Danby Countertop Dishwashers
Danby DDW611WLED – The DD611WLED is one the best rated countertop dishwashers in the Danby lineup, and it’s easy to see why. Its compact size allows it to fit snugly between your countertops and cabinetry, and its high efficiency saves you electricity and water (just 3.17 gallons for each normal cycle).
The six-place setting capacity makes this model ideal for most households, and it quickly connects to your home’s kitchen faucet for easy use whenever you need it.
The LED controls make it easy to select any one of the six available wash cycles, and the stainless steel interior adds to the machine’s durability.
For added convenience, Danby includes an automatic detergent and rinse aid dispenser – something not all compact models offer.
If you’re searching for a reliable countertop Danby dishwasher that will leave your dishes clean as a whistle, we highly recommend the DDW611WLED.
Danby Alternative: SPT Countertop Dishwasher – Danby offers just a few countertop models, so if the DDW611WLED isn’t what you’re looking for, SPT’s countertop dishwasher is a great alternative.
Like the Danby model above, SPT’s portable dishwasher is compact in size and offers six washing cycles. There’s enough space for six place settings, and it fits neatly in between your counters and cabinets.
The Energy Star rating means that this dishwasher is energy efficient, and a simple hookup to your kitchen faucet makes it a breeze to wash dishes whenever you need to. The water heats up to 148 degrees Fahrenheit, so your dishes always come out clean.
The SPT model is a bit higher in price, but is a great alternative to the first model on our list if the DDW611WLED doesn’t meet your needs.
Danby DDW1899WP-1 – If a six-place setting capacity isn’t enough, the DDW1899WP-1 offers the space you need at a reasonable price. With an eight place setting capacity, this dishwasher looks just like a full-size model, but offers the added benefit of wheels and a narrow design.
A stainless steel interior and spray arm make this dishwasher highly durable, and it even has its own built-in water softening system. All you need is a little Danby dishwasher salt, and you’re good to go. If your home, office, dorm room or RV park has hard water, this is a great dishwasher to have.
Energy Star compliant, this model will use less energy without compromising on washing quality. And at just 18” in width, this model will fit neatly in your kitchen.
Danby DDW1899WP – Another excellent model in the Danby 18 portable dishwasher lineup, the DDW1899WP has enough space for eight place settings and boasts six wash cycles. Simple electronic controls make it easy to choose the right wash cycle for your needs.
A stainless steel interior and spray arm adds to the durability of this model, while its bright white design complements any kitchen décor. Like the previous model, the DDW1899WP features castor wheels for easy portability.
There are four speeds to choose from, and an option for delayed shutdown for 5-15 minutes. This model even boasts an integrated halogen light with a dimmer function, so you can load and unload the dishwasher even in low light settings.
If you have a larger budget, this model is an excellent choice because it offers a larger capacity, energy efficiency and additional convenient features that make dishwashing a breeze.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Danby Dishwasher for You
We’ve provided you with detailed reviews of some of the best Danby dishwashers you can buy. But how do you choose the right one? Use our guide below to help narrow down your choices to find the perfect model.
- Place Settings: The size of the dishwasher is important, so choose a place setting capacity that fits your needs. Six place settings is standard for countertop models, while eight place settings is standard for portable floor models. If you have a larger family and the space, an eight place settings model would be ideal. For smaller families and spaces, a model that can handle six place settings is generally more than enough.
- Number of Wash Cycles: The number of wash cycles is important, too. Most Danby models have six (that’s the standard), but some have more or less. Ideally, you want a model with at least three cycles: high, normal and light.
- Extra Features: Are there any additional features that you’d like to have? The DDW1899WP, for example, has a halogen light built-in and a delayed start feature. The more features you have, the higher the price will be, so only choose ones that you truly need.
- Price: Your budget will probably be the determining factor in which model you choose. All of Danby’s dishwashers are of high quality, so focus on the features you need when choosing a model. Danby’s cheapest model may be durable and efficient, but it may not have all of the features or the capacity level that you need.