How to Find the Ideal Commercial Vacuum Packaging Machine for You
A commercial food sealer is a lot different than the food sealer you’ll find in your grandmother’s kitchen. These sealers may look the same in some cases, but they’re designed to be used for commercial purposes.
VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum Sealer
Our favorite for 2020
LEM Products 1088A MaxVac Vacuum Sealer
A very close runner-up
Weston Pro-2300 Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer
Semi-commercial – good for home use also
Commercial products can withstand daily use, and they normally use higher quality parts to limit breakage and ensure longevity.
But when you try to find a commercial model, you don’t want to sit in front of a salesman that is trying to sell you only the highest-priced models. Instead, you want to be able to browse at your own leisure, choose a vacuum sealer that will meet your needs and compare your options on your own.
We’ve chosen a few of the best models we’ve personally tried, and a few tips to compare them include:
- Operation: Manual and automatic sealing exists. Automatic is easier and faster, but manual options are ideal for full control over your food sealing experience. Many cookeries will do great with a manual sealer that is able to provide precise sealing for all of those delicate foods.
- Liquid Sealing: It may not seem apparent yet, but liquid sealing is definitely important. A liquid sealer can help you seal soups and marinades, or any other liquids you may be making.
- Performance: Many models won’t list their performance specifications, but some will. Look for fan-cooled models that can cool down hot motors as well as bag widths and the rated time that the unit can be on (it’s not often listed). Double seal technology is nice, too.
Reviews of Commercial Vacuum Sealers
PolyScience 300 Series Chamber Vacuum Sealer Review – The PolyScience is the ideal model that can be used for everything from meats and liquids to stews and soups. If you wanted the best vacuum sealer, this is it. Space-saving, this model uses stainless steel casing to ensure durability and longevity.
Making marinates has never been easier with a built-in marinate cycle that adds to the overall functionality of the 300.
Precise controls and presets are available that allow you to seal food to exact specifications. You’ll be able to use vacuum levels, hold times, and even seal times when vacuuming your foods. If you want true control over the seal on your foods, the 300 series gives it to you.
VacMaster VP210 Chamber Vacuum Sealer Review – The VP210 is a very popular model and is often sold out at retailers as a result. A maintenance-free pump is long-lasting and dry to allow for less breakage. The ability to keep foods fresh for five times longer, the VacMaster will help any commercial entity save money on wasted meats, produce and even soups.
Double seal technology seals a bag completely and provides an even, long-lasting seal for extended freshness.
Fully customizable, you’re able to choose between different seal methods and packaging options to seal food to precise specifications. And vacuum sealing liquids is a breeze with the 210.
LEM Products 1088A MaxVac Vacuum Sealer Review – The ideal choice for smaller commercial operations. The 1088A is in the mid level price range, and this model offers manual and automatic sealing. Quick and efficient, switch to automatic sealing for quick seals, or go manual if you have delicate items or need more control over the sealing process.
A built-in sensor stops the sealing process once a strong seal has been made, and this model can be used for 10 hours continuously – perfect for busy breakfast and lunch hours.
Accessory ports are available for added function, and 20 bags are included to allow you to start sealing your foods immediately.
Weston Pro-2300 Stainless Steel Vacuum Sealer Review – The Pro-2300 is another highly affordable sealer that comes in at a mid to high price level. This model is able to keep foods fresher for 5 – 6 times longer, and it has been tested for safety and health.
Quality performance for any home or business, an auto mode allows for one-touch operation, while a manual mode allows for further refinement of your food’s seal.
Bags of up to 15 inches in width can be sealed, and a built-in fan keeps the motor cool and operational for longer. Boasting 935 watts of power, this sealer gets the job done quickly and there is even an LED light that allows you to monitor the sealing process.
VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer – The final sealer on our list is the VP215 from VacMaster. A true commercial model, this model is a oremuim unit, but it will save commercial operations this much on food spoilage alone in just a few months.
Heavy-duty, a rotary oil pump is included to allow for sealing of larger loads and ¼ HP is more than enough power to get the job done.
Double sealing technology seals both sides of the bag, and this model’s quiet design makes it a smart choice for restaurants, coffee shops, diners and anywhere that food can benefit from being sealed. You can seal everything from marinades to liquids and meats with the VP215.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Unit from All the Commercial Vacuum Sealers On the Market
You’re looking at all of the vacuum sealer reviews above, and it has become very confusing to determine which model to buy. We personally love them all, but each and every one serves a different purpose.
A smaller operation may not need a more expensive model that can be on for 10+ hours straight, and there are big price differences to consider, too.
When we look at vacuum sealers, a few of the criteria points that we look into to make our decision include:
- Price: The price of the vacuum sealer is very important. Smaller operations need more affordable models, and prices can range from mid range to premium. Price is a big reflector of quality in this industry, so always choose the best model you can afford.
- Cooling: When you’re using a sealer for hours every day, the internal components get hot and cause heat to degrade the unit. Cooling fans or even oil designs will extend the lifespan of your unit and put a stop to breakage.
- Sealing: When sealing foods, you’ll want to consider the maximum size allowed for the seal bag as well as the seal technology. Seals that are made on both sides of the bag will allow the food to remain tightly sealed for a much longer time, leading to less spoilage.
- Warranty: Commercial models are expensive, and a warranty will protect your investment. The right warranty will be 1+ years so that if the motor does break, you can get it replaced without spending a fortune in the process.