Let Us Help You Find the Best Juicing Blender
You love juicing, but you love your morning smoothies, too. But between your blender and juicer (and everything in between), you barely have enough cabinet space to store your dishes.
With a juicing blender, you can have the best of both worlds in one simple appliance.
Nutri Ninja Pro
Our favorite for 2017
BELLA 13586 12-Piece Rocket Blender
A very close runner-up
Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System
A hi-speed, portable blender/mixer system
We’re going to review five of the best blenders for juicing, but first, let’s talk about the key most important things you should look for when comparing models:
- Blender Type: Just as there are several types of juicers, there are several types of blenders. Some function as juicers as well as choppers, while others function as nutrient extractors. Decide which type is the right choice for you before you even start comparing models.
- Motor Power: Consider the motor power of the blender. Powerful motors can easily cut through skin, seeds, stems and even frozen produce. If you plan on juicing or blending soft-skin foods or frozen foods, you’ll want a model with a powerful motor.
- Size: Consider the size of the jug when comparing models. A small, single-serving jug is great for those on the go or households where only one person likes to juice. A bigger jug is ideal for large families or those who juice/blend multiple times a day.
- User Ratings: Quality is of the utmost importance, especially when buying a blender or juicer. But it can be difficult to determine a model’s quality without trying it yourself. That’s where user reviews can be helpful. If a blending juicer is well rated, it’s more likely to meet your expectations in terms of quality and performance.
The Best Blender for Juicing Reviews in 2017
VonShef 4 in 1 Multifunctional 1.5L Blender – The VonShef multifunctional blender is truly a blender and smoothie maker in one. But it can do more than make delicious drinks – it can also grind and chop.
A 1.5L blender jug allows you to make delicious smoothies, while the centrifugal juicing filter instantly transforms this blender into a juicer. Stainless steel cross blades and flat blades are included as well as a food pusher, small cup with lid, large cup with led and two beakers with lids.
The VonShef can be used to create a variety of foods, from soups to dressings, smoothies, juices, desserts and marinades. And with the convenient chopping function, you can use this blender to grind coffee and chop nuts and spices.
If you’re looking for versatility, it doesn’t get much better than the VonShef.
Nutri Ninja Pro – The Nutri Ninja Pro boasts a powerful 900-watt motor, but unlike the previous model, the Ninja Pro does not function as a conventional juicer. It is, however, a powerful vitamin and nutrient extractor.
Like a real ninja, this blender slices and dices through ice, skins, seeds and stems to create smooth, delicious and nutritious smoothies.
The great thing about this blender is that it comes with two to-go cups, an 18 oz. and a 24 oz., as well as sip-and-seal lids.
The Nutri Ninja Pro will take you from blending to out-the-door in seconds. And the 30 included recipes will help you mix up your routine.
BELLA 13586 – The BELLA Rocket Blender is compact, easy to use and comes with BPA-free accessories. It’s hard to beat the price of this model, so if you’re on a really tight budget, this may be the right model for you.
The Rocket Blender comes with two separate blades: one for blending and one for grinding. You won’t be able to juice your produce in the traditional sense, but you’ll be able to blend your own delicious smoothies with ease.
Two stainless steel blades allow for smooth blending and grinding, while the compact design saves valuable space.
The nice thing about this blender is that you can use it for a variety of tasks, from grinding spices to making smoothies and pureeing sauces. The included shaker lid is ideal for spices and cheese, as it lets you go from grinding straight to sprinkling.
Oster Reverse Crush Counterforms Blender – The Reverse Crush Counterforms from Oster is the most powerful blender on our list, and its jug is large enough to make smoothies for the entire family.
With 1,000 watts of power and 600 blending watts, you can use this blender to chop through ice and frozen fruits and vegetable with ease.
This advanced blender offers pre-programmed Smart Settings Technology, which allows for effortless blending. The one-touch functionality delivers professional results.
What makes this blender so efficient is the Dual Direction Blade technology, which moves the 6-point, stainless steel blade in reverse. Moving in reverse frees the jug of jam-ups that can make it difficult to achieve a smooth blend.
Seven speeds are available ranging from low to high pulse. A 6-cup glass jar allows for easy clean-up and allows you to create big batches of smoothies.
Magic Bullet NutriBullet – Many of you have probably heard of the NutriBullet, and it’s a best-seller for good reason. It’s affordable, it’s compact and it’s efficient at creating smooth blends for delicious smoothies.
With a 600-watt motor, this compact blender pulverizes vegetables and fruits for a creamy nutritious drink. It’s great for protein shakes, too. The patented blade design uses cyclonic action to blend your ingredients.
The NutriBullet comes with two short cups and one large cup, so you can blend larger servings or individual servings. A flat blade and an emulsifying blade are also included, so you can choose the right blade for your recipe.
With a powerful motor, this blender easily shreds through stems and skins, which maximizes the number of nutrients in your drinks.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Juicer and Smoothie Maker for You
Traditionally, blenders aren’t capable of juicing fruits and vegetables in the way we’re familiar with. But some modern models come with attachments that allow you to juice or blend. Others blend at high speeds, which allow you to create nutritious smoothies that include both the juices and the nutritious skin and seeds of produce.
If you plan on juicing and making smoothies, you may not know what to look for when searching for models. We’ve supplied you with five great options. Keep these factors in mind when narrowing down your choices:
- Versatility: One of the first things you want to consider is the versatility of the blender. Some models come with multiple attachments and blades that allow you to perform a variety of tasks. From grinding to pureeing and chopping, many modern blenders serve as multi-function kitchen appliances. This means that you can use the blender to not only make smoothies, but grind spices, grate cheese and maybe even grind coffee beans. If versatility is important to you, make sure you choose a model that can do everything you want.
- Extra Features: Some blenders come with extra features that can make blending easier or more efficient. The Oster blender on our list, for example, offers pre-programmed settings for professional blending results.
- Price: Finally, consider the cost of the blender. If you’re on a tighter budget, the BELLA is a great option, and the NutriBullet is affordable, too. Truthfully, all of the blenders on this list are budget-friendly, but you do want to be mindful of your budget.