Let Us Help You Find the Best Vacuum Food Sealer On The Market
If you want to save money, look no further than the food that spoils in your refrigerator. Studies show that people throw away more than 25%, and sometimes up to 40%, of the food they purchase every month.
FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System with Bonus Built-in Retractable Handheld Sealer
Our favorite for 2017
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Kit
A very close runner-up
FoodSaver FM2000-000 Vacuum Sealing System with Starter Bag/Roll Set
A super slick & slim vacuum sealer
This startling statistic makes people wonder how they could save the food they buy from spoiling.
A quick and easy solution is to buy the best vacuum sealer possible. These sealers remove oxygen from bags (oxygen leads to spoilage), and they allow you to save money each and every month on food you would have thrown right into the garbage.
When choosing a food sealer from the list below, consider the following:
- Handheld Options: The 2-in-1 models below have handheld options that allow you to seal zipper bags and canisters with ease. This is a good choice if you have a lot of canisters or zipper bags, or if you make marinades often.
- Sealing Options: Machines that often moist and dry sealing options are the better option because they can better seal the food depending on the food’s state. While not a necessity, it is a great option to have.
- Starter Kit: Most models come with starter kits. These kits are ideal if you don’t want to spend extra money on buying bags to seal your food. While kits are normally minimal, they do allow you to start sealing your food without any extra costs accrued in the process.
Basic and simple, the three points above should be considered. All of the machines below will seal foods to optimal levels, and they provide savings from spoiled food.
Reviews of the Best Vacuum Sealers in 2017
FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Automatic Review – The FoodSaver 4840 is sleek, efficient and comes with a starter kit that allows you to begin sealing your food immediately after unpacking the box. A built-in hand sealer is provided that allows you to seal smaller items, such as canisters, zipper bags and more.
A moist/dry setting is available for optimal sealing.
Roll storage and bag cutter functionality is included, and a pull-out tray allows you to remove the tray when finished and wash it. Just two steps are needed to seal your food: fill the pre-cut bag and place the open end into your vacuum sealer – all that’s left to do is wait until the bag is properly sealed.
FoodSaver V4440 2-in-1 Automatic Vacuum Review – The earlier version from FoodSaver, the V4440 is more affordable and provides you with nearly the same functionality as the first model on our list.
This 2-in-1 model allows you to seal foods for long-term storage, and the retractable handheld sealer is also present on this model to allow for easy sealing of zipper bags and containers. Just this one unit does it all, and air-tight bags ensure your food’s lifespan is extended.
Even delicate foods can easily be sealed.
With a roll storage, the bags stay neatly inside of the FoodSaver and allow for rapid food sealing. The only drawback this model has when compared to the 4840 is that it isn’t as fast at sealing.
FoodSaver FM2000-000 Vacuum Sealing System Review – The FM2000 is smaller in size, and you won’t receive the nifty handheld sealer with your purchase. While I love the handheld sealer, it’s not a must-have, especially if you’re on a tighter budget.
If you’re looking for a mid-range sealer, this is it.
A removable drip tray ensures messes are kept to a minimum, an easy latch closure allows you to quickly seal foods and several bags are included to help you get started.
What’s really neat is that this model uses 40% less bag material, allowing you to seal more food with fewer bags required.
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System Review – Priced similarly to the 2000, the V2244 comes with a complete starter kit and has a removable drip tray that is dishwasher safe. A 1-year warranty allows for peace of mind while the accessory port allow you to seal canisters and marinades foods in minutes.
Simply fill the bag, place the open end into the machine, close and lock the lid, and press the seal button.
You can’t use zipper bags with this model, and you must use only FoodSaver bags (as is the case with all FoodSaver models).
You’ll quickly learn to appreciate vacuum sealers, as the V2244 saves you from throwing out food each and every month.
FoodSaver V3240 Automatic Vacuum Sealing System – The final model on our list is the V3240. White in color, this model offers two vacuum speeds and manual operation. Moist and dry food settings allow for precise food sealing, and there is a crush-free instant seal that ensures delicate foods are always protected during the sealing process.
A roll holder and bag cutter are present, and you’ll receive a starter kit.
This is a great machine that requires a little more input from the user, but it also provides more options than the last two sealers on the list. If you don’t mind a little extra effort, this is a great mid-priced sealer.
Buyer’s Guide – Let Us Help You Sift Through All The Vacuum Food Sealer Reviews Online And Find The Right Unit For You
Finding the model for you is a difficult challenge, but we know a thing or two about picking food sealers from years of experience. A few things that you’ll need to consider to find the ideal vacuum sealer for your needs are:
- Price: All of the models on our list are from FoodSaver, and as a result, they use the same great sealing technology. The higher price may provide better overall sealing and handheld options, but the lower priced models will be able to seal most foods to perfection. High-end models normally include advanced sealing options and more versatility, but the lower-end models still seal food properly.
- Size: Food sealers can be rather bulky in size, so ensure that you choose a model that is able to fit on your kitchen counters with ease.
- Simple Usage: You don’t want to turn food sealing into rocket science, so choose a model that only requires a few steps to get the job done. The V3240 is not as easy to use as the 4840, for example, but it does provide you with more control over your food’s storage.
- Efficiency: Food sealing bags can be expensive, and wasted bags means you’ll be wasting money in the process. if you have a big family or plan on sealing food often, choose a food sealer that is known to use less overall bag material to save money when sealing your food.
With long warranties and easy usage, you’ll be able to seal your food, save money and protect your investment for years to come.