Let Us Help You Sift Through All Sonicare Consumer Reports and Find the Right Brush for You
The debate over which electric toothbrush to use is always ongoing. You’ll come across the main competitors: Oral B vs Sonicare, and they both provide exceptional cleaning despite using different technologies.
Philips Sonicare 5 Series Healthy White Holiday Toothbrush Bonus Pack
Our favorite for 2017
Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush
A very close runner-up
Philips Sonicare Elite HX5910 Power Toothbrush with Quadpacer ***Twin Pack*** (2 Handles
A great twinpack
When choosing Sonicare, you’ll be able to remove up to two-times the amount of plaque from your teeth versus a manual toothbrush. That means your teeth will be far cleaner than you could ever achieve with a manual brush. Less plaque leads to fewer cavities and overall better dental hygiene.
But there are so many features to consider – right? Let’s take a look at some of the features to compare when looking at Sonicare models:
- Intensity Modes: The intensity mode settings are important for anyone with sensitive teeth and gums. Sometimes, these modes are changed from intensity to more descriptive names, such as sensitive or deep cleaning.
- Brush Strokes: The more brush strokes offered, the more plaque removal will occur. Generally, the more brush strokes, the better.
- Timers: Built-in timers are recommended so that you can brush for the dentist-recommended 2-minute time. Always choose a model that is able to monitor your brushing time effectively.
- Plaque Removal: Some models over twice the amount of plaque removal as a manual toothbrush, and other models offer up to seven times the amount of plaque removal. Double the amount is great, but the less plaque the better.
Sonicare technology is used in all models, so you’ll still receive the pulsing technology that pushes fluid through the gums and teeth, leading to an exceptional cleaning.
Reviews of the Best Sonicare Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare 5 Series Healthy Holiday – The 5 Series offers 31,000 brush strokes per minutes and fluid action to clean in tough-to-reach areas between the teeth. Able to remove up to seven times the amount of plaque than a manual toothbrush can offer, this model will leave your teeth as clean as a professional dental cleaning.
A two-minute timer offers 30-second interval timing to ensure brushing is adequate for each quadrant of the month.
Three intensity levels are offered for the utmost comfort when brushing. Battery life of up to 3 weeks is offered, and two main modes are available: clean and white. For a robust, effective teeth cleaning, the Healthy Holiday is worth every penny.
Philips Sonicare Essence – The Sonicare Essence is extremely affordable and offers up to two times more plaque removal than the competition. Made for the budget-friendly shopper, this model helps you clean between the teeth and gumline, thanks to the dynamic fluid action.
A two-minute timer is included – priceless – and the battery’s lifespan is 2 weeks under normal usage.
When your brush head needs to be replaced, the bristles begin to fade away, alerting you that replacement is necessary. Normal bristles wear in 3 months or so. The Essence offers all of the power of an electric toothbrush minus the bloated features to give consumers the best price possible.
Philips Sonicare 2 Series, HX6211/07 – Featured all in black, the 2 Series is an aesthetically-pleasing toothbrush that also offers 31,000 brush strokes in a minute as well as six times the plaque removal of a manual toothbrush. Two weeks of battery life allow for uninterrupted brushing, and minimal charging is needed.
An indicator is provided so that you can visually see how much time is left on your battery.
Easy-start features allow you to get your gums and teeth accustomed to cleaning with an electric toothbrush. Power is increased over the first 14 uses so that your gums and teeth adapt to the pressure.
And a two-minute timer is included.
Philips Sonicare HealthyWhite, HX6731/02 – The HX6731/02 is able to whiten your teeth by two shades in two weeks so that you can achieve a flawless white smile. Removing up to 90% of stains, this is the right brush for anyone after true whitening power.
Three modes help you whiten your teeth: Clean, Clean and White, and Sensitive.
And there is a built-in timer as well so that you can monitor your brushing. Easy-start programs gradually ease you into brushing with an electric toothbrush. With 31,000 strokes per minute and an angled brush head, you’ll remove up to two times more plaque.
If you’re in the low to mid budget range, it doesn’t get any better than this.
Philips Sonicare Elite HX5910 – The HX5910 comes in a twin-pack, and is ideal for couples that want to enjoy a brighter, whiter smile together. You’ll receive everything you need to get started: 2 handles, 2 travel cases and two chargers.
The contoured brush head allows you to get into those hard-to-reach places, while the 30-second interval timer acts as an audio signal to tell you when you’ve brushed long enough.
Removing more plaque than a normal toothbrush, this model will last for up to 2 weeks without needing a recharge. With Sonicare technology pushing fluid through the teeth and gums, you’ll have cleaner teeth at your next dental exam.
Buyer’s Guide – Don’t Know Which Sonicare to Buy? Let Us Help
So, you’ve seen some of the best Sonicare toothbrushes available, and you’re still not sure which model to pick. Thankfully, it’s a lot easier than you would imagine. Let’s take a look at a few of the criteria you can use to find the right fit for you:
- Brushing Modes: White teeth are in. There will be several modes to choose from, but a whitening (or deep clean), daily and sensitive mode are the three main modes you’ll need. Remember, you’ll only be using some of the modes.
- Price: You’ll find budget models, or premium models. Choose the price that fits into your budget, but make sure that the toothbrush includes all of your must-have features.
- Battery Life: Charging can be an 18-hour affair, so you’ll want to keep a close eye on charging time, especially if you travel often. Some models include a battery indicator, while others have 3-week battery life. Pay attention to the battery life offered (often over 2 weeks) when choosing your toothbrush.
Toothbrushes all have one goal: remove plaque. Sonicare allows for intense plaque removal with all models offered. Choosing a model within your budget is a smart choice, and choosing a model with the right cleaning modes is also recommended.
Many users prefer sensitive modes, and you may, too, if your gums bleed or hurt when brushing.
With prices that range from budget to high end, there is a lot to think about when choosing a Sonicare model that suits you best.