What’s The Best Coffee Maker with A Timer On the Market?
You wake up, jump in the shower, quickly get dressed, and run out to your coffee machine. But to your dismay, no one made you a cup of coffee. Now you have to grab a cup from Starbucks, and spend more money because you’re running late.
Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup Programmable Cofeemaker
Our favorite for 2017
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
A very close runner-up
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker
A great 12-Cup digital coffee maker
If this sounds like you, it’s time to invest in a timed coffee maker – it’s a priceless investment.
Now, you can wake up to the aroma of coffee brewing or set the coffee maker to brew a whole pot of coffee at the normal time you get out of the shower. Everything else in your life can be scheduled, so why not schedule your coffee into the day, too?
The best part is that these coffee makers don’t have to be expensive. But when comparing them, there are a few things we suggest paying attention to:
- Brew Size: I’ll admit, 5-ounces of coffee is too small for me, but 12 cups is a better fit for my family. Keep brew size in mind so that you can make sure you have enough coffee for you and anyone else that may be drinking with you.
- Adjustable Brewing: Bold, light and a variety of other brew options may be available. Make sure that if you like a variety of different coffee types that the machine you choose has adjustable brewing.
- Filter Basket: A filter basket is the best option because it allows you to take control over the coffee you brew. If a model only uses pods, make sure this is really what you want.
The Top Coffee Makers Timed to Brew When You Wake Up
Mr. Coffee DRX5 4-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker – You’re not looking for the world, but you would like to wake up to coffee. The DRX5 is the right pick for you. You’d be lucky to find a budget coffeemaker this with the same level of quality.
A carafe is filled up with 20-ounces of coffee – enough for four cups of hot java.
The removable filter basket can be taken out and cleaned with ease, while the pause ‘n brew feature allows you to stop mid-brew to take a cup of coffee before a whole pot is brewed. All you have to do is set the delay brew, and you’re good to go.
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Coffee Maker – Hamilton Beach offers a more robust solution that does something the Mr. Coffee model doesn’t: brew a lot of coffee. This model is a 12-cup model, and if you find yourself drinking coffee every hour, it doesn’t get any better than 12-cups.
Numerous brewing options are present, from iced coffee to bold and regular.
The never-break carafe keeps coffee warm, but it can be removed if you want to brew directly into a cup or travel mug. One-hand dispensing allows you to make coffee even while you’re struggling to talk on the phone and get the kids off to school.
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Digital Coffee Maker – Stainless steel, this model is able to brew 1 – 4 cups of coffee, or it can brew up to 12 cups of coffee for the entire family to enjoy. Ideal for the larger family, this model has a swing-out coffee ground basket that makes prepping your coffee a breeze.
If you forget to shut off your coffee maker (I do all the time), you’ll be happy to know that this unit features an automatic shutoff. After two hours of being on, it will shutoff automatically.
The wheeled base is also a nice addition, as it allows you to quickly access the water reservoir for quick and easy refills.
Conair Cuisinart Brew Central DCC-1200 12 Cup – Cuisinart’s DCC-1200 is a robust machine that is a budget to mid-priced unit. And this is great for someone that wants a machine with a little higher quality. The 12-cup carafe comes with a brushed metal design and ergonomic handle for easy pouring.
The heater plate is adjustable to allow for low – high heat levels.
There is a 1 – 4 cup feature for those times when all you want is a quick cup of coffee, and a charcoal water filter is included, too. A measuring scoop is included for your convenience. There is also a 24-hour advance brewing option.
Mr. Coffee BVMC-PSTX91 Optimal Brew 10-Cup – The BVMC is the final model on our list, and this model is also from Mr. Coffee. You can brew up to 10 cups of coffee at one time using this model, and a water filter is built-in that removes 97% of impurities found in the coffee.
Grab-a-cup offers a unique feature that pauses the brew cycle so you can grab a cup of coffee when on-the-go.
You can program this model, and there is a cleaning cycle that alerts you when it’s time to clean your coffee machine. When choosing the BVMC, you’ll also get the lift and clean filter that makes clean-up quick and easy.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Programmable Coffee Machine for You
The good news is that if all you want is a coffee machine that is programmable, you’ll find them in a variety of prices. Even the cheapest model on our list will be able to brew coffee at a specific time so that you can enjoy a hot cup any time you want.
But if you’re looking for more than just the cheapest model available, you will find a lot of different features that may be helpful.
How do you pick the right one for you?
There’s a lot to consider. We recommend thinking about the following:
- Size: The size of the unit will need to be small, but you also want to think about the brewing capacity. If a model brews 12 cups and all you want is one cup of coffee, this is overkill and really won’t do you any good.
- Cleaning: How easy is it to clean your model? Some models will offer drip trays, cleaning alerts and even removable parts that make the cleaning process simple and easy. If you don’t want to spend 10 minutes cleaning your coffee maker every day, choose a model that’s easy to clean.
- Reviews: People love coffee, and they’ll leave reviews on their favorite models. You can never underestimate the value of reviews – they help you make the most out of your purchase. If a model has all bad reviews, you may think twice about buying it for yourself.
By buying any of the units featured in this article , you can get all of this and even water filtration as well as a slew of other options.