Let Us Help You Choose the Best 1 Piece Toilet On the Market
Most conventional toilets come in two pieces: the bowl and the tank. But a new trend is emerging in higher end toilets: one-piece designs.
TOTO MS604114CEFG#01 Ultramax II Het Double Cyclone Elongated One Piece Toilet
Our favorite for 2017
TOTO MS854114#01 Ultimate Elongated One Piece Toilet
A very close runner-up
American Standard 2034.014.020 Champion-4 Right Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet
Top quality – easy to clean and maintain
While two-piece models offer the advantage of being able to replace the tank separately, a one-piece toilet is easier to clean and maintain.
There are several one-piece models on the market today, and we’re going to help you find the right one for your needs. When reading through our reviews, keep these points in mind as you compare models:
- Size: The single most important consideration when buying a toilet is its size. Yes, its performance is important, too, but that will make no difference if the toilet can’t fit in your bathroom. Make sure that you measure your space and check the dimensions of each model that you consider buying.
- Bowl Type: Another thing to consider is the bowl type, or shape. There are both round and elongated bowls on the market. The majority of one-piece toilets have elongated bowls, but round-bowl models do exist. Elongated bowls are more comfortable to sit on, but they take up more space, so keep this in mind.
- Installation: How easy is it to install the toilet? Some models are designed to simplify the installation process, which can be extremely beneficial if you aren’t planning on hiring a plumber for the job.
- Reviews: Don’t forget to factor in user reviews. Models that are highly rated by consumers are far more likely to provide you with a positive experience. Make note of any potential problems you may face with each model to help you narrow down your choices.
The Best Toilets to Buy in 2017
TOTO Ultramax II – TOTO’s Ultramax II is a mid-range toilet that boasts quite a few high-end features. If you have trouble sitting and standing, you’ll appreciate the universal height of this toilet, which stands 17-1/4” from floor to seat.
WaterSense approved, this model uses just 1.28 gallons of water per flush to save you money on your water bill each month. It also uses Double Cyclone technology to make flushes more powerful without using more water.
The elongated bowl allows for added comfort, while the SanaGloss glaze helps clean your toilet with each flush.
As for the size, this toilet boasts overall dimensions of 27.75” H x 32” D x 19.88” W.
If you’re looking for an efficient and comfortable toilet that doesn’t compromise on performance, this model is a great choice.
Kohler Santa Rosa – The Santa Rosa toilet from Kohler offers a sleek one-piece design that complements any modern bathroom. Available in multiple colors, you’re sure to find a toilet that matches your personality and home.
A great design isn’t the only thing this toilet has going for it – it also boasts the top-end performance you expect from the Kohler brand.
Easy to clean, the Santa Rosa offers Comfort Height, which makes it easier to sit down and stand up. It also offers a compact elongated bowl design, so you can enjoy added comfort without having to sacrifice more space.
The AquaPiston canister pushes water into the toilet’s bowl from all angles, allowing for a more powerful flush without wasting water.
The Santa Rosa uses just 1.28 gallons of water per flush, and can save you up to 16,500 gallons per year compared to a 3.5 GPF toilet.
American Standard Champion-4 – The Champion-4 is the best toilet bowl for – well – just about anything. With a larger trapway, this toilet can flush up to 70% more mass than conventional toilets.
With a 4” flush valve, this toilet pushes water into the bowl two times faster than a 3” valve model. In less than a second, this model can dump 360 degrees of water into the bowl.
While not quite as water-efficient as the previous two models, this toilet still only uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
It also boasts American Standard’s EverClean surface, which inhibits growth of mold, mildew and fungus to keep your toilet clean.
TOTO Ultramax – The original Ultramax from TOTO offers commercial-grade flushing that’s both quiet and powerful. And its sleek, high-profile design makes it a great fit for contemporary bathrooms.
The wider 3” valve allows for fast flushes, while the 1.6 GPF rating cuts down on water usage with each and every flush.
Featuring the G-Max siphon jet, the flush on this toilet is exceptionally powerful, and the SoftClose design ensures that the seat closes carefully and quietly.
The Ultramax has an elongated bowl and dimensions of 28 x 17 x 28. It’s also available in four colors, and is easy to install.
TOTO MS854114#01 – TOTO calls the MS854114#01 the “ultimate” one-piece elongated toilet. Available in four colors, this toilet uses Power Gravity flushing for quiet and powerful flushes every time.
The 3” flush valve is larger than conventional toilets, which increases the speed and power of each flush. The fully glazed, larger trapway helps the toilet move more waste than the average model.
You’ll also appreciate the SoftClose hinge system on this toilet, which eliminates seat slamming for quiet usage at all times.
With dimensions of 28 x 17 x 28, this toilet is sure to fit in most bathrooms with ease. And the 1.6 GPF rating helps you cut back on your water usage.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right One Piece Toilet for You
- Flushing System: What type of flushing system does the toilet use? The last model on our list, for example, uses gravity flushing, which is quieter. Determine what type of flushing you prefer to help narrow down your choices.
- GPF: If you want to save money on your water bills, you’ll want to consider the number of gallons used per flush. Some of the models on our list are considered high-efficiency, which means they only use 1.28 gallons of water with each flush. Others use 1.6 gallons. If you need a more powerful flush, you may be better off choosing a 1.6 GPF model.
- Seat Height: You know how important size is when shopping for a toilet, but seat height is a special consideration. If you have difficulty standing or sitting, you may want a model that’s a bit higher. These toilets will be easier for you to sit on and stand up off of. Height may also be a consideration if you have smaller children using the toilet. In this case, taller may not be better.
- Budget: Consider the cost of the toilet and your budget. Some models can be pricey, but they often come with efficient and convenient features that make them worth the higher cost. The cheapest model may not offer everything you need, so it may be advisable to ensure that price is the final consideration – not the first.