How to Find the Top Rated Toilets from Kohler After 2015
Kohler toilets are some of the best in the industry. The company has a reputation for producing high quality toilets, but they’re also known for their sleek, modern designs that complement most bathrooms.
KOHLER 3810-0 Santa Rosa Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 GPF Toilet
Our favorite for 2017
KOHLER K-3754-0 Kelston Comfort Height Two-Piece Elongated 1.6 GPF Toilet
A very close runner-up
KOHLER K-3609-0 Cimarron Comfort Height Elongated 1.28 gpf Toilet
Comes with 5 different color options!
If you’re looking for a Kohler toilet, you may be wondering which model is best. We’re going to share our top picks. When comparing these models, keep the following things in mind:
- Toilet Height: Believe it or not, the height of the toilet is one of the most important factors when choosing a model. The higher the toilet, the easier it is to sit down and stand up. But taller models are also more difficult for children and shorter people to use. Kohler offers a Comfort Height toilet range that finds a happy medium – not too tall, not too low. But you’ll find other heights, too. Determine which height range will work best for you.
- Gallons per Flush: Another important thing to think about, if you’re trying to save money on water, is how many gallons of water the toilet uses per flush. Toilets are required to use no more than 1.6 gallons, but truly efficient toilets have a rating of 1.28 GPF or lower. If you’re environmentally conscious and are looking to cut back on your water usage, you’ll want to opt for a toilet that uses less water per flush.
- User Reviews: Don’t forget to take a look at user reviews when comparing toilet models. Comments from buyers will alert you to any flaws or issues that you may experience if you purchase the toilet.
The Top Kohler Toilets for 2017
Kohler Cimarron – The Cimarron is a Comfort Height model that offers chair-height seating for the ultimate in comfort. With a height of about 17” from floor to the top of the seat, this toilet makes sitting down and standing up much easier.
An elongated bowl adds to the comfortable design of this toilet, and unlike other elongated models, the Cimarron does not take up any more space than a typical round bowl.
This toilet also comes with Kohler’s AquaPiston canister, which pushes water into the bowl from all angles, allowing for a more powerful, effective flush.
Using 20% less water than a conventional toilet, this model uses 1.28 gallons per flush, making it a high-efficiency toilet.
Kohler Santa Rosa – The Santa Rosa is a one-piece toilet, offering a seamless design between the tank and bowl. The one-piece design makes this toilet so much easier to clean.
Like the previous model, this toilet is part of the Comfort Height range, which means it’s easier to sit down and stand up. It also boasts the compact elongated bowl design that allows for more comfort without sacrificing space.
The AquaPiston canister pushes water into the bowl from all angles to allow for a truly powerful and efficient flush.
And just like the Cimarron, this model uses just 1.28 gallons per flush.
Available in a vast array of colors, the contemporary design of this toilet makes it a great choice for modern bathrooms of virtually any size.
Kohler Memoirs – The Memoirs model offers a more classic design, but its accented edges give it a statelier appearance. Comfort Height makes it easy to sit down and stand up, while the three-bolt design makes installation a breeze.
One thing that sets this model apart from others on our list is the Class Five system, which offers exceptional waste flushing performance. This model is also considered the best in its class for performance.
Using 1.6 gallons of water per flush, this toilet does not fit into the high-efficiency category, but it does offer exceptional performance.
With a wonderful design and top-rated performance, this toilet is fit for a king (or queen). And of course, the Memoirs toilet is backed by the famous Kohler warranty, which protects your purchase.
Kohler Kelston – Another Comfort Height model, the Kelston offers an elongated bowl and chair-height seating for the ultimate in comfort.
Like other Kohler toilets, this model features the AquaPiston canister that allows water to flow into the bowl from all angles. This feature allows for a more efficient and powerful flush.
The Kelston boasts Class Five flushing technology, which offers exceptional bulk flushing power. Using 1.6 gallons per flush, this toilet offers the ideal combination of power and efficiency.
The sleek design of this toilet makes it easy to clean, and the contemporary look fits well in any bathroom.
If power and exceptional design are your top priorities, the Kelston is a great option.
Kohler Wellworth Highline – The Wellworth Highline is the final pick on our list, and this two-piece toilet is both comfortable and beautifully designed.
Comfort Height makes it easy to stand up and sit down on this toilet, while the elongated bowl adds comfort.
One unique feature that this toilet offers is dual-flushing, which allows you to choose between a light and heavy flush. The two-tone flush lever gives you control over the flushing power, choosing between 1.1 gallons per flush, or 1.6.
The light flush can reduce your water use by up to 30%, which can add up to 4,000 gallons of water saved per year.
If water savings is your main concern, the Wellworth Highline is the best choice.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Kohler Toilet for You
After reading through our reviews, it’s time to choose a model. But how can you know which one is the best choice for your home?
There are several things you want to consider when buying a toilet (Kohler or any other brand):
- Size: Height was already mentioned as an important buying factor, but you also want to consider the width and depth of the toilet. If you have a smaller bathroom, size becomes even more important. Take the time to measure the space where the toilet will be installed, so you know what size to look for.
- Extra Features: Consider any extra features that may improve performance. Many models on our list have the AquaCanister design, which pushes water into the bowl from all angles, allowing for a more efficient and powerful flush. Other models have a dual-flush system, and yet others have a one-piece design that’s easy to clean. Make note of any extra features that are important to you.
- Flushing Power: For some users, flushing power is an important thing to consider. Some Kohler models have what’s called Class Five flushing technology, which pushes more bulk waste than the average toilet. Determine whether this is a feature that your family will need.
- Cost: Finally, consider the price of the toilet. Kohler toilets are in the mid-to-high range, but the company’s quality is exceptional. With that said, you’ll still need to create a budget and stick to it to prevent overspending on your new toilet. Opt for the model that offers everything you want at a price you can realistically afford.