Use Our Countertop Dishwasher Ratings to Find the Ideal Unit for You
Washing dishes by hand is tedious. But if you live in a small apartment, home or RV, you probably assume that hand washing is your only option. Fortunately for you, you’re wrong.
SPT Countertop Dishwasher
Our favorite for 2017
SPT SD-2202W Countertop Dishwasher with Delay Start
A very close runner-up
EdgeStar 6 Place Setting Countertop Portable Dishwasher – Silver
A great slightly larger option
A countertop dishwasher does the work of a full size dishwasher, but takes up half the space. And it doesn’t require a permanent installation or fancy hookups to your plumbing. Just connect the adapter to your kitchen (or bathroom) faucet, and you’re ready to go.
Countertop dishwasher are great for small spaces, but how do you choose the right one? Finding the ideal model can be tough because there are so many options – and most compact dishwashers have similar features and designs.
Here are a few things to consider when buying a table top dishwasher:
- Size: The size of the machine is one of the main concerns. Most models are designed to fit in between countertops and cabinetry, but can take up a significant amount of counter space. Opt for a compact model if you’re short on counter space. Just keep in mind that compact models may not offer you enough space to accommodate your dishwashing needs.
- Features: How many washing cycles are available? How hot does the water get? What other features does the model offer? Some countertop dishwashers come with child safety locks and a delayed start Determine what you need and don’t need. This will help narrow down your choices significantly.
- Quality: Naturally, you want a dishwasher that will last – not die out or leak after a few uses. Read through user reviews and research the company to ensure that you’re buying a quality dishwasher.
Still unsure of which countertop dishwasher to choose? We’ve hand selected five of the best models on the market to help you find the right one for your needs and budget.
The Top Table Top Dishwasher Reviews
SPT SD-2201W Countertop Dishwasher – Energy efficient with a space-saving design and sleek, modern look, the STP SD-2201W countertop dishwasher is ideal for small kitchens. Although it stands just 17.24” tall, the SD-2201W offers full-size power with six wash cycles, enough space to clean six place settings and the ability to reach water temperatures of 148 degrees Fahrenheit.
This dishwasher’s compact design allows it to fit in between most countertops and cabinetry, and its quick connect feature eliminates the need for permanent installation or connection to plumbing. The faucet adapter allows for easy connection to any kitchen faucet with a removable aerator.
If you’re looking for a reliable countertop dishwasher that will leave your dishes spotless without taking up too much space, the STP SD-2201W is the right choice.
SPT SD-2202W – If the SD-2201W is out of your price range, the SD-2202W from SPT may be the right choice for you. Featuring a durable stainless steel interior and a 6-place-setting capacity, this countertop dishwasher is spacious and offers an unbeatable clean.
Like the previous model, the SD-2202W offers six wash cycle settings: light, normal, heavy, speed, glass and soak. But it also features an 8-hour delay start, which means you can fill up the dishwasher in the morning and come home to clean dishes in the evening.
Standing 17.24” tall, this model will also fit in between more countertops and cabinets. And it’s quick connect system only requires you to attach the connector to a faucet with a removable aerator.
Easy to use, affordably priced and incredibly efficient, the SD-2202W is great for office, apartment and RV kitchens – or any small kitchen.
Danby DDW611WLED – Featuring an LED display and a stainless steel interior, the DDW611WLED from Danby is Energy Star rated and boasts low water consumption of just 3.17 gallons during a normal washing cycle.
Six wash cycles are included, so you can choose the appropriate setting for your dishes. Its compact design fits neatly on most countertops without taking up too much space.
Like the other two models on our list, the Danby countertop dishwasher connects directly to your faucet, so no permanent installation is required.
Washing cycles are relatively quick. On the heaviest setting, the washing cycle takes about 1 hour 45 minutes to complete. The speed setting takes just 45 minutes.
If you’re looking for a cheap countertop dishwasher that will still leave your dishes sparkling clean, the DDW611WLED is a smart choice.
EdgeStar Countertop Portable Dishwasher – If energy savings is your top priority, the EdgeStar portable dishwasher is the ideal choice for you. In just one year, this countertop unit uses just 200 kilowatt hours of energy – that’s 61% less energy than competing models. It saves on water usage, too, without sacrificing on clean quality.
Six wash cycles are included, and there’s enough space to fit six place settings. The stainless steel interior is easy to keep clean and looks great in any kitchen. A 5-foot hose is included, and the LED display makes it easy to control this dishwasher.
Other unique features, like child lock functionality and a delayed start feature, set this model out from the crowd.
If you have a bigger budget and energy efficiency is your primary concern, the EdgeStar portable dishwasher is the right choice.
SPT SD-2213S – Our final pick is also from SPT. The SD-2213S is affordably priced compact in design and ideal for small spaces, like dorm rooms, break rooms and small apartments.
Six wash cycles are included: Normal, heavy, mini party, light, speed and rinse. Like other SPT models, this dishwasher can hold up to six place settings and dishes up to 10.5” in diameter, so it’s a great option for small to medium sized families.
The quick connect feature allows you to hook this dishwasher up to most kitchen faucets.
With simple controls and indicator lights, this dishwasher is so easy to use. If usability and efficiency is what you’re after, the SD-2213S won’t disappoint.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose From the Best Countertop Dishwashers on the Market
Buying a table top dishwasher is really no different from buying a full-size model. There are several things you’ll need to keep in mind, and you’ll need to think about your needs and dishwashing habits.
Here are some tips on how to choose the right dishwasher for you:
- Capacity: How much can the dishwasher hold? Ideally, you want to look for a machine that can handle at least six place settings. Most countertop models offer this capacity without taking up too much space on your counters. If you have a large family, you may consider a larger model, like one with an eight place setting capacity.
- Washing Cycles: Just like full size models, countertop dishwashers have different washing cycles. More isn’t always better, but you should ensure that the washer has at least a cycle for light loads, heavy loads and normal-sized loads. Some also offer the option of running a soak cycle to help get rid of stuck-on food.
- Energy Efficiency: Countertop models can use up a lot of electricity, so it’s important to choose a model that’s energy efficient. To extend your savings even further, look for a model that’s also water efficient.
- Price: Naturally, you’ll need to keep your budget in mind. Although countertop models are cheaper than full-size dishwashers, they can still be costly. Set a budget and stick to it. And remember that you’re investing in an appliance that you’ll use on a daily basis, so choose a model that will provide you with the quality you desire.