Let Us Help You Choose from The Best High End Coffee Makers On the Market
You want an automatic coffee brewer that has power. A brewer that will be able to brew coffee that is powerful, delicious and fills the room with a delicious coffee aroma. The majority of the countertop options on the market today do just enough to brew a cup of coffee.
Miele CM5200 Black Countertop Coffee System
Our favorite for 2017
Brew Express BEC-110BS 10-Cup Countertop Coffee System
A very close runner-up
CM6310 Countertop Coffee System in Black
Another great unit from Miele
And since they’re inexpensive, many people don’t care that their coffee is watered down or doesn’t taste as good as their favorite coffee chain.
You don’t have to settle for “just” acceptable coffee ever again. There are options available that will help you become a barista (or make a coffee as good as one).
A few features to consider when trying to compare each model are:
- Programmable Cups: There are models, especially in the Miele lineup, that offer programmable cup sizes and brewing options that allow you to make a consistent cup of coffee day after day.
- Water Container: A water reservoir will allow you to brew quickly or take the time out to brew multiple times. Some units will even hook up to the water supply, and while great for office use, this can be an inconvenience for home owners.
- Spout Adjustment: In all cases, the ability to change the spout height will allow you to benefit the most from your coffee maker. This will allow you to fill a small mug or a large thermos without any issues.
If you like a cappuccino or latte with froth, a steam wand will be a must-have necessity. The perfect cup of coffee awaits with one of the models below.
Reviews of the Best Countertop Coffee Systems
Miele CM5200 Black Countertop Coffee System – The Miele CM5200 is everything you could ever want in a coffee system. This countertop model offers four unique drink types, a stainless steel milk flask, whole bean system and a 61-ounce water tank for coffee brewing all day long.
The dimensions of this model ad 23” L x 15.6” W x 16.7” H.
Tested to deliver 20 years of performance, this model has 15 bars of pressure and can make espresso, cappuccino, macchiato and coffee. All that’s needed is a push of a button to start brewing, and the coffee spout is adjustable. There is an automatic cleaning system, too. A cup warmer is integrated into the CM5200.
Brew Express BEC-110BS 10-Cup Countertop Coffee System – The BEC-110BS is a 10-cup coffee system that is affordably priced, and it can produce hot water on demand, allowing for the quickest brew time possible. This model is easy to clean, and the thermal carafe will keep coffee hot for hours.
The cup selector is adjustable, and users will be able to brew a single cup of coffee or a full carafe. A half carafe option is available, too.
You can hook this coffee maker directly to a water line for automatic filling options. If you don’t want to connect to the water line, you’ll need to buy an adapter from the manufacturer to make it work.
CM6310 Countertop Coffee System – The CM6310 by Miele is another great coffee system that has a direct sensor control panel and allows the user to operate the machine with the utmost ease. Users will also find that they can make two drinks at one time with the OneTouch for Two option.
Four user profiles are available, too, to allow you to brew a cup of Joe to your precise liking.
A cup warmer and lighting is offered, too. Easy to clean, this model has cleaning programs and can be rinsed under the sink. There are also dishwasher-safe parts. The top of the unit features a cup warmer, and you can brew everything form coffee and espresso to a latte and even macchiato.
Miele CM5000 Black Countertop Coffee System – The CM5000 is a coffee system that is the envy of every barista. This model comes in black and white options, and it also has four adjustable portion sizes: espresso, double espresso, coffee and double coffee.
An on/off timer is included for safety and convenience.
Users can program how much coffee they want brewed per cup, and the water tank holds 61-ounces of water. There is a manual froth system, too, which takes just three steps to make froth for your drinks.
The coffee spout is adjustable, and there is a ground coffee chamber, too. This unit weighs 26 pounds and has dimensions of 23” L x 15.6” W x 16.7” H.
Miele CM5200BL 11 Countertop Whole Coffee Bean System – Many users state that the CM5200BL is a lot like having a personal barista by your side. This whole bean system is one of the best on the market, and the stainless steel exterior looks sharp on any countertop.
An integrated cup warmer will warm up the cups while you adjust the coffee spout and use the one-touch function to brew single or double shots of coffee, espresso, cappuccino or late. Automatic cleaning cycles will clean the machine to ensure optimal flavor with each brew.
There are cleaning tablets for de-scaling, and there are four programmable cup sizes. Strength selection is offered, too, as well as an electronic steam valve.
Buyer’s Guide – How to Choose the Right Automated Coffee Machine for You
We’ve went over quite a few gourmet coffee makers in our reviews above, and you undoubtedly have a few questions as to which model you should pick for your countertop. There is a lot to choose from with these coffee machines, and a few of the things we consider are:
- Size: Measure the countertop where the unit will be placed and compare it to the size of the unit. You need to make sure the unit doesn’t hang over the edge and you can clean any cabinetry you may have.
- Drink Types: There are a lot of drink types Regular coffee may be all that you need to satisfy your needs, but it never hurts to be able to brew an espresso, macchiato, or a cappuccino on a cold day. Try to pick a model that offers versatile brewing options.
- Price: How much are you willing to pay for the perfect coffee maker? Really. Think about this question. Some models can easily cost thousands of dollars, and you’ll need to be prepared to pay the price for a model that is truly high-end. Make a budget and do your best to stick to it.
- Dual Options: If you plan on preparing drinks for two, a dual spout option with separate drink selection is a feature we highly recommend. This allows you to brew two cups at the same time so that you and another person can enjoy hot coffee while watching a movie, rather than brewing an additional cup while your coffee cools.
If you keep all of these points in mind, you’ll be able to find a coffee machine that meets all of your criteria.